Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG)
Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) established in 1997 in Otukpo – Benue State to address the socio-economic and health concerns of the people of Be-nue and other poor communities in Nigeria. OCAG is dedicated to empowering vulnerable and marginalized communities in Benue State and beyond through advocacy / policy influencing, reproductive health messaging and referrals, capacity building, household economic strengthening and program /services delivery across the broad spectrum of HIV/AIDS. OCAG is implementing an integrated community case management (iCCM) of childhood illnesses (malaria, pneumonia and diarrhoea) in partnership with Christian Aid and funding from DFID/UKAid.
In view of this, the organization is requesting applications from only qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- LGA Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant: The role will support the M&E officer in promoting effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of programme activities; centred on impact and outcomes; create conditions so that learning feeds into programme decision-making in each LGA.
- Strengthen the capacity of community based volunteers (CORPs and others project beneficiaries and government institutions).
- The role is responsible for ensuring that monitoring and evaluation systems allow for effective, accurate reporting for decision making and project implementation in his/her assigned LGA.
- Degree, preferably in Social Sciences or at least 4 years’ experience in community health.
- At least 1 year NGO experience and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation with fair knowledge of public health management challenges in Nigeria.
- Good understanding of LGA health management system including stakeholders
- Understanding of national health data management/reporting flows
- Hands-on experience implementing community based development programmes.
- Ability to use data management and data collection tools such as NHMIS
- Ability to produce quality reports.
- Ability to use MS excel and word is key
- Ability to incorporate gender analysis, inclusion and community health work.
- Experience working with government institutions and agencies in Nigeria
- Local language knowledge is a plus.
- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with LG health authority and community based volunteers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com stating the position as subject of the mail.