APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IT Specialist
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environment, directories and security.
- Create and maintain Technical manuals.
- Monitor and manage disk usage.
- Train users on software and equipment usage.
- Install and test software upgrades.
- Schedule backups and communicate downtime to users.
- Ensure all software is correctly licensed and version up-to-date where applicable
- Participate in the recruitment of staff for the IT Department and ensure that they are adequately trained;
- Manages IT staff ensuring adherence to established procedures, and conformance with departmental standards;
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Research and evaluate new administration methods.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of staff supervised, to ensure
- Company expectations are met and that the required follow-up actions are taken;
- Ensure that APMT Apapa Health, Safety & Environment policy and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation and the provisions of the relevant Government of Nigeria Health and Safety & Environmental Acts
Who we are looking for:
- B.Sc. Degree in Information/Communication Technology or Science related discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of working experience as a systems administrator for a medium to large private sector organization.
- Experience in implementing local area networks.
- Experience in systems integration and administration.
- At least three years of working experience as a systems administrator for a medium to large private sector organization.
- Capable of developing strategic plans for an entire activity and establish priorities for the activities of subordinates in order to fulfil these plans.
- Substantial knowledge about computer hardware configurations for UNIX, Cisco and Oracle environments and Microsoft products.
- Exercising leadership in changing situations that stimulates enthusiasm and encourages development of co-workers.
- Ability to work under pressure with detailed plans and forecasts, anticipate potential resource constraints and diagnose, evaluate and resolve such problems as they occur.
- To a right candidate we offer value and team-based leadership, an open and engaging working environment, and a wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth in a dynamic environment.
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Ensures that the overhauls, preventative maintenance and repair of the vehicle fleet and other port equipment are maintained and/or repaired in a cost-effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of equipment.
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of all of the vehicle fleet, including tractor trailers, Reach Stackers, Forklift and other technical support equipment (electrical, electronic and mechanical).
- Ensure that the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Monitor and develop maintenance staff to ensure technical skills are maintained, and that a transfer of that knowledge is made to local nationals whenever appropriate.
- Organize meetings with staff to communicate goals, objectives, and planning and scheduling, and to motivate group to achieve these goals.
- Brief daily activities to Department Head and seek advice as required.
- Maintains an effective safety program, coordinating safety training with HSE Department; ensures all injuries are reported timely, properly investigated, and measures taken to prevent future injuries. Ensures good housekeeping practices throughout the workshop.
- Ensure that breakdowns are repaired promptly, and that the repair work does not disrupt the Operations. Control overtime through adequate planning and scheduling.
- Ensures that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost effectively, with quality service.
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the Workshop, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Reviews and recommends updates to maintenance services policies and procedures to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiencies.
- Reviews new equipment for suitability and makes recommendations, based on cost, availability, and needs of business operations.
- Provides supervision and direction for the maintenance staff including the following:
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular appraisals.
- Counsels subordinates, up to and including discipline or termination recommendations.
- Follows company management policies and procedures in the application of managing subordinates.
- Provides complete and accurate reports to management, as needed.
- The position is primarily expected to deliver by following specific manufacturer’s maintenance schedules. The position is expected to deliver results in a timely manner as non-delivery has a direct impact on the terminals ability to function
- The position is expected to constantly contribute to improve work processes, methods & improve technical efficiency of machinery & equipment
- The position is complex as it has a direct impact on the operational & financial aspects of the terminal
Who we are looking for:
- At least a high school diploma and additional vocational/technical education or a degree in Mechanical, Electrical engineering. Also, must have additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields in any heavy industry.
- Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of various vehicles, including tractor trailers, reach stackers, Forklift and mobile cranes.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
- Must have knowledge of general supervisory principles.
- Must have a working knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other team members in a positive way and lead a department of individuals.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Requires at least five to seven years of general supervisory experience in general maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants.
- Must have an additional five years of progressively more responsible maintenance and repair experience, including specific knowledge of electrical, electronic and mechanical and related subjects.
- Must be customer service oriented, sensitive to the needs of the departments and others.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills & knowledge of the local language.
- Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
Job Title: HSE Supervisor
- Assists in the development and delivery of the company’s HSE functions, implementing policies, procedures and systems to provide for a HSE business operation
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of Health, Safety and Environmental standards and Loss Prevention measures
- Assists in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organisation in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations. Compiles and submits accident reports required by the HSE department. Maintains safety files and records.
- Assists in the development and delivery of training to terminal staff and third party members.
- Observe the provisions of the relevant APMT Apapa policies and procedures
- Ensure that APMT Apapa HSE policy and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation and the provisions of the relevant Government of Nigeria HSE Acts
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives. This includes providing suggestions and input to changes and improvements in all policies and procedures (mentioned in this section or otherwise)
- Represents the HSE department within the port related to HSE in order to ensure a mutual understanding of the Company’s goals and requirements, and to work in a co-operative partnership with local resources
- Inspects organisation facilities and audits records to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Reports all HSE incidents and assists the HSE Supervisor incident root cause analysis and assess risks to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies
- Inform superior as soon as possible if any general or specific task cannot be performed adequately or timely due to influences beyond your control
Who We are Looking For
- Requires minimum of B.Sc/ HND/Certificate qualification (e.g,NEBOSH)
- Requires a proven record of HSE related experience preferably from port operations and/or heavy equipment industry.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge and experience in handling dangerous goods and emergency situ
- Value and team-based leadership.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
Deadline: 25th August, 2017.