Integrity is a non-governmental organization concerned with issues of accountability and transparency in public and business life. It builds coalitions and develops sustainable strategies for citizen involvement with government in the public and civil society sectors. One of Integrity’s basic strategies is research and issue advocacy which involves high quality value adding independent research, reviews and documentation that provide platforms for public discourse and policy formulation.
Applications are invited for an Internship role in the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Intern
Duration: 6(Six) months, September 2017 – February 2018
- The intern will be assigned to maintain an active and visible social media presence to promote the Organization’s activities during the period of the engagement.
- The intern will be assigned to specific responsibility according to the Terms of Reference itemized below.
- Responsible for coordinating the Organization’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including but not limited to Youtube, Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Monitoring and recording the Organization’s traditional media appearances on Television and Radio.
- Assist with streamlining Organization’s social media accounts, ensuring uniform content within the communities and target audience;
- Increase the number of followers on Twitter by engaging with interested followers particularly of the Organization’s target audience;
- Monitor and reply Tweets (initially under supervision from the Line Manager)
- Posting Tweets on a daily basis and using tools like TweetDeck to plan forward-looking tweets over weekends and holidays (under supervision from a Line Manager);
- Posting updates to the OrganizationLinkedIn Account;
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that the Organization profiles are accurate and up-to date;
- Posting updates to the Organization’s Facebook Account (under supervision from the Line Manager); build Facebook “likes” by approaching and engaging target audience through other social media channels;
- Uploading and sharing videos to/from YouTube with target audience and internally with staff working across the Organization.
- Coordinating and distributing content through the following means:
- Scheduling a monthly brainstorming session to establish content ideas for the month ahead
- Help coordinate a guest twitter session with a social media blogger once per month and amplify this content through other social media channels
- Posting articles into forums and groups
- Post and share interesting photos from the Organization’s events or advocacy tools on Facebook/Instagram.
- Social Media Analytics:
- Track key social media analytics on a weekly basis including Google analytics
- Use other social media tools to monitor content flow, content of target audience to help with future content
- Not older than 30(Thirty) years of age;
- Social media savvy, familiarity with various social media tools
- High level of interest in governance, advocacy, private sector and youth engagement;
- Reads, writes and analyses in English language comfortably and fluently;
- Owns a personal computer (a fully functional laptop);
- A creative critical thinker, with positive mental attitude and excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive attitude to work, a team player who needs little supervision for delivery of assigned tasks;
- Be a recent graduate from a recognized tertiary institution/Youth Corper.
The intern will receive a stipend of up to N50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand Naira Only) per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a letter of motivation (Maximum 250 words, Calibri Font Size 12) and their Curriculum Vitae of not more than 2 pages with the subject line “Internship Programme: OX/INT/001/2017” to: email@example.com
Deadline: 24th August, 2017.