Ipas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Community Access Advisor
Job ID: 2017-1757
Category: Community Access
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
- Ipas, a global nonprofit health organization working in Nigeria seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Community Access Advisor.
- The Community Access Advisor works with in-country team to plan, implement and monitor innovative Community Access projects that increase awareness of and access to women’s reproductive health care in the country.
- This position collaborates with partner NGOs to help build capacity, effectively execute programs, and to advance Ipas’s vision to improve community efforts related to sexual and reproductive health rights.
- Additionally, the Community Access Advisor will lead the design, development, and distribution of relevant Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) and training materials.
- Leads the strategic design processes and the development of technical strategies for community access projects using proven Project Management Principles
- Leads in the design and implementation of country-level Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) strategies to support local partnerships, activities and materials
- Designs community engagement and advocacy strategy and implement appropriate activities to promote women’s SRHR among stakeholders as appropriate
- Establishes and develops links with organizations, institutions and interested groups to promote knowledge, skills and social support so women can exercise their sexual and reproductive rights
- Leads in the design of curriculum and training activities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities of women and community members to access SRHR
- Contributes to the design, implementation and analysis of evaluation of community based interventions and leads in the documentation and reporting of this body of work
- Supports fundraising through donor document writing (including proposal development), reporting, and donor communication
- Ensures that all training and orientation materials include content that is applicable to different community groups
- Develops community access project designs, timelines, budgets, and work plans in collaboration with in-country team
- Develops initiatives to build capacity of partner NGOs in programming, including the use of formative research to identify the target audience, understand behavioral determinants, and develop effective interventions.
- Supports partner organizations in the development of effective strategies and helps monitor work plans and budgets, ensuring the scope of the project is within Ipas’s strategy and donor requirements
- Oversees contracts and partnerships related to Community Access projects and outside consultants; develops partnership guidelines, memorandums of understanding (MOUs), and contract documents to be used in selection and retention of country level partners
- Identifies, designs and adapts qualitative tools to capture project outcomes, documents and shares results organizationally and as appropriate to stakeholders
- Designs and implements Ipas’s training and awareness raising programs in coordination with institutions/organizations with established agreements
- Monitors and conducts oversight to local partnerships and other Ipas-supported initiatives on comprehensive abortion care (CAC) in the community
- Monitors and contributes to the analysis of community access results and summarizes technical results for cross-unit sharing and organizationally as appropriate
- Identifies, documents and shares best practices and seeks peer review for improving community outcomes and results
- Participates in the development and facilitation of capacity building trainings for partner NGOs and community-based organizations (CBOs)
- Supports the accurate documentation and data from the field office to the Global Teams to support documentation and organizational learning
- Represent Ipas at local community stakeholder fora as necessary as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience, including project management experience.
- Must possess the ability to work with different community populations including adolescents and women’s groups, especially in the areas of communication and training
- Must have working knowledge of conceptualizing, implementing and monitoring community initiatives
- Experience working with reproductive health projects, a plus
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience in community mobilization, capacity building and training of community groups
- Working knowledge of grant management
- Must be able to negotiate and communicate with community, state and private organizations’ leaderships
- Experience in monitoring and mentoring community/communication initiatives in the field
- Experience working in the Public Health field, especially sexual and reproductive health,
- Must be familiar with working with youths and adolescents
- Working knowledge of community entry strategies
- Proposal and report writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under strict project deadlines and milestones
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results.
How to Apply