Nottingham Trent University, one of the UK’s leading modern Universities, is looking for an enthusiastic student recruitment professional to contribute to the University’s ambitious international recruitment strategy. Over the past few years, NTU has enjoyed significant growth in the number of international students choosing to study with us. We are continually seeking new ways to improve the international student experience and to attract new students.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer – West Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Fixed Term Contract:12 months
Immediate Line Manager: Regional Manager for Africa and International Marketing Manager
- To represent the University in West Africa, in particular Ghana and Nigeria, with a view to generate new enquires, support applicants and develop the alumni network in order to increase student enrolments from this region.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
To deliver upon ambitious and challenging recruitment targets within Nigeria and neighbouring West African countries:
- Generate high quality enquiries and applications through in-country activity at fairs, exhibitions and other in country activities
- Support the marketing communications content for campaigns aimed at students
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the international conversion strategy within set territories, providing candidates and their families with information, support and guidance from initial enquiry through to enrolment
- Provide world class customer service to students, parents and stakeholders
- Support the social media presence of the IDO by sourcing new stories and responding to any new enquiries.
- Develop West Africa Francophone countries as a new market for NTU
- Assist in planning trips for incoming NTU faculty staff .
To contribute to the development and delivery of a recruitment strategy for an agreed geographical territory:
- Research and identify opportunities within tier 2 and 3 cities in Nigeria for additional student recruitment.
- Embrace the Nigeria Ambassador campaign, working with current advocates and help to locate future students to lead the strategy for the future.
- Provide management information, market intelligence and other reports on territories for IDO and colleagues within the University- considering our key competitors within this research.
- Keep abreast of qualification and academic equivalences in West Africa
To plan and deliver a series of focused promotional activities in your territories, including:
- Attendance at appropriate education fairs and exhibitions
- Presentations to groups in schools, universities and other education providers
- Conduct information sessions for students and their parents
To develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders within set territories, including recruitment agents, feeder providers, sponsors and the British Council:
- Support NTU’s agent network to ensure NTU offers sector-leading service levels and support
- Regularly visit partner and agent offices, conducting staff training and holding student interview sessions to generate high quality student applications to NTU.
- Build relationships with other key influencers and sponsors in market to positively manage the reputation and build the profile of NTU in your territories
To contribute to the overall implementation of the University’s strategy within an international context:
- Involvement in the wider role of international development in delivering the University’s strategy
- Keep abreast of strategic developments at institutional, sector and international level and feeding back competitor information to the Regional Manager
Support the alumni network:
- Arrange and attend alumni activities within Nigeria and Ghana ensuring the events are well reported and the alumni team are updated
- To undertake other relevant projects, to be decided upon from time to time and any other duties assigned by the Regional Manager or International Marketing Manager
- An understanding of international recruitment issues Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office including filtering data reports.
- Familiar with Nigerian recruitment market and have ability to creatively work within the local environment Knowledge of administrative processes within an educational context
- Knowledge or training on Tier 4 Visa’s
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Excellent customer service and rapid response rates to emails and phone calls
- Report writing
- The ability to communicate with all levels of people both internally and external to the University
- Excellent organisational skills
- Prepared to travel extensively within Nigeria by air and car and frequent travel to neighbouring countries.
- Work irregular hours including weekends and evenings and occasional public holidays
- The ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met
- The ability to work effectively as a team member, co-operating enthusiastically with others in order to deliver on agreed objectives
- The ability to empathise with international students and other stakeholders
- French speaking
- Proven ability to work using own initiative to complete tasks set
- The ability to work flexibly and to multitask to complete tasks promptly and accurately
- The ability to provide a customer focused service to a wide range of customers
- Capable of developing high quality relationships with students and other stakeholders
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Experience training and negotiating with high level stakeholders
- Experience of event management Understanding both the UK and local working environment and culture
- Degree or Masters degree Experience studying in the UK.
- Requires extensive travel within Nigeria to 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier cities by air and car
- Require frequent travel outside Nigeria
- Candidates must be prepared to work irregular hours – including weekends and occasional public holidays.
- Valid travel documents required with no record of being denied a visa to the UK or West African countries.
- This role will involve you working from home in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Valid permission to work in Nigeria
- 16,000-17,000 GBP per annum to be paid quarterly
- Payment will be made at the bottom the scale depending on experience.
Deadline: 14th August, 2017.
30th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Covering letter explaining why THEY are suitable for the role and why they should be considered for interview to: Africa@ntu.ac.uk
- This opportunity is offered on a consultancy basis and the successful candidate will be self-employed in Nigeria and not an employee of NTU.
- Interviews will take place in Lagos with the potential of second interviews on 1st September, 2017.
- You must be available on these dates.