The Whispering Palms Resort is an activity center that lies on the bank of the Lagos Lagoon, in the outskirts of the city. It was established in February 1981 in the heart of Badagry. In 1986, Whispering Palms Resort commenced business as a picnic site. Whispering Palms Resort now stands at 12 acres with an annex called the Larus Field of Hope, Holiday Sports and Larus Event Centre which houses activities such as beach soccer, tennis, volleyball and swimming. The annex spans a generous 8 acres and is a welcome addition to the core site.
JOB TILTLE: ACCOUNTANT
ROLES AND RESPONSIILITY
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- auditing financial information
- compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- analysing accounts and business plans
- providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- financial forecasting and risk analysis dealing with insolvency cases
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Applicant should possess a minimum of BSC/ HND in accounting with at least 5 years’ experience in the hotel / resort industry. Professional qualification (ICAN, ACCA) in an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting,Corporate Finance,
- Reporting Skills,
- Attention to Detail,
- Reporting Research Results,
- SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management,
- Data Entry Management, General Math Skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as subject of the mail.
DEADLINE: 30th August, 2017.