Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Assistant, Travel Facilitation
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Line Manager: HR Coordinator
Starting date: 02 Oct 2017
Length of contract: 6 months
Possibility for extension: yes
- Minimum education level: Bachelor in Business Administration, Travel and Tourism Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience in a similar position (preferably with NGO)
- Experience in travel booking and arrangements
- Familiar with UNHAS booking system
- Languages (spoken and written): English and local languages
- Good knowledge particularly with Excel and Word
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong organization skills
- Team player
- The purpose of this role is to assist in all human resources operations supporting travel bookings for expatriate and national staff including (Flights, UNHAS, hotels, transportation, and visas arrangement).
- Receive and Track staff leave requests.
- Ensure attendance sheets are collected and submitted on weekly/monthly basis.
- Assist updating national staff HR’s administrative filling.
- Ensure that soft as well as hard record is available in official files.
- Assist employees to understand and adherence to MdM policies and procedures.
- HR assistant is responsible for all in country travel according to MDM polices.
- Assist expats to book their international flights when they are going on R&R.
- Coordinate with Gen Coo Assistant to track all visas expiry dates and extensions.
- Act as focal point for UNHAS booking for all mission staff and visitors.
- Responsible for tracking all incoming and visiting expats movements.
- Liaise with logistics to ensure that the guesthouse is running effectively. Arrange the guesthouse or hotel rooms to accommodation all visitors as needed.
- Prepare and maintain various databases to support the HR activities.
- Ensure important communications are posted on the board.
- Assist in event management: Arrange meetings, seminars, or workshops.
- Realize copying and filing and scanning of administrative documents.
- Comply with MdM policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, safety and security and other relevant policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a two page Curriculum Vitae; three work-related references; a one page cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above in one document – MS Word or PDF, with the job title and your name in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only applications by email will be considered.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Deadline: 26th September, 2017.