Job at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited for Drilling Project OI Advisor 1
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, is committed to the provision of services of Technical Inspection, Expediting, Quality Assurance and Control, Training, Procurement and Outsourcing of Technical Personnel in line with global best practices in order to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Drilling Project OI Advisor 1
Job Type: Contract
Job Nature: Rotation
- Broad knowledge of Drilling operations/processes and safety regulations
- Prefer college level education or equivalent
- Exceptional skills in MS Office suite of software programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work and communicate in international locales and with diverse cultures
- Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations)
- Demonstrated ability (through past successes) to deliver excellence in SSHE performance.
- Must be fit for duty for a remote offshore / onshore drilling environment (examples include uneven, unpaved walking surfaces, large structures that are accessible only via ladders or stairs) Activities include standing for extended time periods, climbing, bending, walking, reaching, and other physical demands
- Demonstrated teamwork and communication skills
- Strong networking and social skills in order to build and maintain solid working relationships
- Ability to research and communicate general industry standards
- Demonstrated skills to positively influence drilling workforce – employees and contractors
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities and schedules
- Provide Company SSHE representation for the project, in addition to rig sites and rig move and transport operations ensuring full communication of concerns, activities and initiatives
- Monitor the safety performance of the sites and report non-conformance
- Monitor Company safety awareness, recognition and incentive programs
- Review and coordinate site contractor’s SSHE plans
- Participate as required in investigation and follow-up of incidents/accidents
- Facilitate the Drill Team SSHE safety steering committees
- Identify trends to develop programs and/or initiatives to promote an injury free work environment
- Conduct rig inspections with Operations Superintendent and Rig Safety Advisor
- Continually bring to the forefront of all employees, the Company Vision and how it can be achieved
- Attend all Drill Team daily/weekly SSHE meetings
- Relentlessly, aggressively, and proactively address any safety trends and/or safety issues that poses or could pose a risk to the workface
- Develop and maintain site orientation/induction program
- Develop programs, plans, initiatives, e.g. Operations SSHE Plan, Drill Team SSHE Leadership Forums, Site Stewardship Plans, Emergency Management Plan, etc.
- Monitor contractor/service partner compliance with all Company Drilling SSHE requirements and specifically the Drill Team/Rig “Operations Safety Plan”, advising contractor/service partner and Operations Superintendents of SSHE issues
- Conduct Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) Compliance audits
- Provide support to rig sites/locations in the event of an incident with regards to reporting, advice on mitigation and prevention methods, etc.
- Develop and maintain safety related training for contractor work crews
- Facilitate regular SSHE inspection, assessments and audit on-site in accordance with established Company SSHE programs or as requested by the site team
Deadline: 30th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online