At Dow, we combine the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. We are driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Our integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers more than 6,000 technology-based product families to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture.
Job Title: 2017-2018 Campus Internship – Supply Chain
The Dow Chemical Company’s Supply Chain Intern Program has full-time summer 2018 internship opportunities available for individuals currently in a university course of study to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Logistics / Transportation, Supply Chain Management, Engineering (operational/industrial, applied, mechanical, packaging and chemical) or Business Administration with a related concentration and interest in a career within the Supply Chain function. Our Intern Program is for individuals who are interested in developing their career within a large global company. Dow’s Corporate Headquarters in Midland, Michigan is home-base for the Intern Program. Some intern assignments may be available at our other major sites, such as Plaquemine, LA; St. Charles, LA; Freeport and Houston, TX; or Collegeville, PA.
Areas Available For Internship Projects Include
- Assess and/or model material and information flows across the supply chain at tactical and/or strategic levels.
- Help to develop innovative solutions, approaches, methodologies and service offerings that address both present and future business requirements.
- Identify and evaluate related trade-offs involving inventory levels, conversion costs, logistics costs, asset utilization, productivity and customer service.
- Help to design, optimize and leverage supply chain infrastructure.
- Work with a Supply Chain Leader to help facilitate strategy development and direction related to technology implementation, capital investment, postponement, and supply chain sourcing options.
- Help to identify best practices and improvements (e.g., systems, work processes, tools, hardware).
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Logistics/Transportation, Supply Chain Management, Engineering (operational/industrial, applied, mechanical, packaging and chemical), or Business Administration with a related concentration and interest in a career within the Supply Chain function.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.700 on a 4.000 scale at current university, but seeking cumulative GPA of 3.000 or above.
- The ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis is required.
- ATTACH AN UPDATED RESUME AND TRANSCRIPTS AND ALSO BRING THEM TO INTERVIEW.