FinTrak Software Co. Limited is a global ICT organization providing technology and business solutions to mainly financial institutions across Africa. Our Consultants are of diverse background and competencies across banking, finance, audit, and consulting and software development. The company has a workforce of over 70 staff including over 50 software engineers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst/Oracle Data Base Administrator
Main Job Description
- Retrieve and analyze data using SQL, Excel, PowerBI and other tools;
- Develop compelling, insightful recommendations based on quality data analysis with accuracy;
- Source and combine disparate data sets to answer complex business questions;
- Turn broad business needs into actionable PowerBI, SSRS, OBIEE, Performance Point etc;
- Work with business and technology partners to discover, troubleshoot and resolve issues and recommend enhancements;
- Develop and govern repeatable design strategies and patterns to ensure consistent solutions;
- Apply basic statistical concepts and descriptive statistics to understand and describe relationships in data;
- Review solution designs to determine their technical viability and their relevance to the business goals;
- Build and support data warehouse objects.
- Communicate the results of the analyses, the insights gained, and the resulting recommendations;
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations for corrections and/or improvements.
- Create automated reports with Scorecards/KPIs for business owners;
- Perform adhoc operational analysis with various tools to identify and solve complex issues.
Summary of the Job Description
- The BI Developer is responsible for design data model, build ETL and data warehouse, adho analytics, problem solving to inform business decisions, and creating scalable, repeatable reports to help guide the business.
- This role is perfect for someone who wants to use their skills in data analysis and reporting to drive business results.
- The ideal candidate is a self starter with a strong sense of curiosity who loves to solve problems.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics/Statics or any other related discipline;
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills;
- Experience with data warehousing, and data mart; implementations, including experience designing and modeling data warehouses (Star Schema etc);
- Experience administering a reporting database;
- Ability to work well and deliver under pressure;
- At least two years experience working as a database developer to ensure reporting data sources are optimally tuned for reporting.
- Nice to have – OBIEE and PowerBI.
- Expertise in SQL and/or other relational databases most especially Oracle and SQL Server;
- Comfortable setting up ETLs & databases independently of others, as well as restructuring existing data. ETL tools SSIS or ODI;
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with analyzing complex requirements;
- Experience leading complex projects from concept to deployment;
- Highly analytical: Exceptional analytical and problem solving; capabilities, including the ability to logically and efficiently structure ambiguous problems, identify sources of data, conduct complicated analysis, identify key insights and recommend actions;
Deadline 30th November, 2017