Driver at the American University of Nigeria – email@example.com
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
We are seeking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: New Foundation School
Opening Date: October 23, 2017.
Summary of Position
- Duties include operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety.
- Maintains vehicle records.
- Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Ensures that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported.
- Prepares trip reports, accident and incident reports.
- Assists passengers in and out of the vehicle.
- Provides safety briefing to passengers; and providing other services as requested by management when not engaged in transportation service.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
- High school and acceptable Experience and Training or Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, provided the age and safe driving record requirements are met.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers, co-workers, and upper level staff and employees;
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports;
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s);
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs;
- Ability to perform minor vehicle repairs;
- Class “E” Nigerian driver’s licence.
- Must have Trade Test III.
- Must be a minimum of 21 and maximum of 40 years of age in addition to a safe driving record;
- Must also be available to work flexible hours.
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately, including ability to read and interpret road signs in English;
- Skilled in reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions;
- Ability to administer First Aid and CPR.
- Must be able to pass Department of Transportation physical exam and successfully complete an Alcohol/Drug screening process.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Serves as a positive role model while providing transportation service.
- Customer service skills.
- Team player.
Deadline: 26th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.