Entry Level Training Assistant at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Assistant
- Presently INSO is seeking an experienced individual to join our Training Department as Training Assistant, to be based in Abuja, with possible travels inside Nigeria.
- The primary aim of the position is to assist and support the training team in administration, logistics, finance, procurement and general management of the training programmes conducted in Nigeria.
- Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, have experience working with humanitarian organisations and training programmes, and be willing to learn.
- The candidate will be outgoing, motivated and self-directed, taking initiative when needed. Lastly, they should have a keen interest in INSO, the Nigerian context and a passion for capacity building of NGOs’ capacity.
- Post-Secondary diploma in relevant field
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Demonstrable experience in administration, logistics, budgeting and procurement
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills; able to work independently
- Willingness to learn and ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural and close-knit team to deliver tangible results on a deadline
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with different kind of interlocutors
- At least 1 year experience working with International NGOs
- Familiarity with the philosophy, priorities, and principles of humanitarian NGOs and NGO approaches to security. Field experience a plus
- Supervisory or training position
- Existing political, social, or historical knowledge of the region
- Fluent in Hausa
- Driving license
- Assist the training manager in the planning, budgeting, logistics, administration, and management of the training programme.
- Interface directly with internal support staff and stakeholders on all matters related to administration, logistics, finance, and procurement for training events.
- Manage day to day correspondence, reports, and other documents related to the training programme.
- Advertise training courses, compile and organise all trainee applications. Prepare attendance rosters, and assist in the planning & preparation for courses under the supervision of the training manager.
- Manage and maintain an inventory of serviceable training supplies, materials, and equipment, including safe storage and accountability.
- Assist in the preparation, compilation, recording and filing of post-training reports and evaluations with lessons learned and analysis.
- Assist the training manager in the day to day running of the country programme and training sessions, and provide support to operations where required.
Deadline: 8th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documentation below to: email@example.com
- Cover letter (1 page max) – specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO.
- Up to date CV (4 pages max).
- The reference ‘INSO Training Assistant – Nigeria’ should be included in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.