GDHR Services, is recruiting on behalf of its client, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Engineer
- Have a wide technical knowledge of various marine vessels, related equipment and materials categories used in the marine, offshore, oil and gas industry covering all disciplines.
- Be able to participate in meetings and Quality Action Teams (QAT) for the company and recommend improvements when necessary.
- Participate in all vessel inspections from clients and IOCs
- Effectively participate in all pre-mobilization, mobilization and demobilization activities for offshore construction projects.
- Support and monitor all vessel movements
- Ensure availability of adequate manpower to meet department needs and maintain the fleet. effectively support all personnel in the marine and offshore department
- Support all pre mobilization inspections and activities involving vessels, including OVID, SUPO, and sea trials.
- Ensure preventative and periodic maintenance of all marine vessels and related equipment in the fleet have adequate insurance coverage and are functional, and meeting all class/flag requirements.
- Support marine bases and marine assets.
- Ensure all relevant maintenance, operational manuals and documentation are available onboard vessels.
- Supervision and Work of all charterers
- Responsible for budgeting for the marine and offshore department.
- Responsible for reporting (official weekly and monthly reports for the department + real time updates via emails, telephone to the relevant parties)
- Must be proficient and able to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and other relevant ICT tools.
- Liaise with other departments as needed and ensure proper and unhindered running of the marine fleet and assets.
- Expedite and Monitor all outstanding purchase orders using the materials supervision and work database. create and update database regularly.
- Track and ensure all vessels comply with relevant Nigerian Ports Authority, Nigerian Maritime Administration And Safety Agency (NIMASA), Local Government, and Host Communities requirements, including but not limited to permits, fees, etc.
- Track, monitor class and flag documentation updates, ensure safe and proper records are kept on board the vessels and also with the document control department.
- Have at least 10 years experience working in the Marine, Offshore / Oil field Industry.
- Should be able to support vessel movements.
- Should be able to handle all vessel inspections from clients and IOCs.
- Should be familiar with Flag and Class. Should know how to ensure that all Vessels are in good standing with Class and Flag states.
- Should be familiar with Vessel Insurance
- Should be very good in writing and submitting periodic reports.
- Good planning and organizational skills, can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong technical background and skill for details
- People skills, demonstrate ability to work with diverse workforce effectively and coach and mentor.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to marine crew and other personnel in fluent English.
- Should be familiar with Pre Mobilization Inspections and activities involving company vessels, including OVID, SUPO, and sea trials.
- Bachelor of Science or its equivalent qualifications in Marine Engineering, Transportation Studies, or any related science disciplines.
- Good general knowledge of marine, offshore, oil and gas field operations.
- Should be able to Support marine assets, vessels and marine bases.
- Should be familiar with Vessel maintenance and repairs.
- Should be familiar Microsoft Word, Excel , other ICT tools, etc
- Should be able to support pre-mobilization, mobilization and demobilization activities for offshore construction Projects.
- Should be familiar with charter party agreements.
This position offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is to be expected in the Oil & Gas industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 26th October, 2017.