Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Officer
- The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Officer will provide oversight on all MERL activities of the SAQIP Project implemented by Pact West Africa in Gombe state.
- The Snr. MERL Officer reports to the Project Director/ Director MERL.
- Master degree in development studies, research methods, social sciences, monitoring and evaluation, project management or other relevant field preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint, DHIS2, and any of Epi-Info, Epi-Data, SPSS, R, or STATA.
- Demonstrated understanding of intermediate level statistics and the ability to summarize, generalize, and make predictions from large data sets.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement program activities creatively, as well as possess the ability to analyze data and utilize lessons learned for the continuous improvement of program implementation and to promote a culture of learning.
- Minimum 5 years of active M&E work experience in the health sector; ideal candidate will have both theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies; experience in health sector HMIS strengthening is an advantage.
- Knowledge of major aspects of program development, implementation, documentation and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Supervise the design and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation plans for the SAQIP project and sub-grantee partners.
- Adapt existing Pact monitoring tools, as well as propose new ways of measuring change through the use of both quantitative and qualitative methods, analysis of secondary data, and, where appropriate, remote monitoring techniques.
- Liaise with other development partners conducting related research/evaluation to ensure coordination of efforts.
- Support the development and review of routine program reports before submission to donor.
- Support the SPHCDA and Ward Development Committee to track the performance of their annual operational plans.
- Provide technical support to SPHCDA to strengthen HMIS data generation, analysis, and use for decision making.
- Supervise the HMIS/MERL Officer(s)
- Take the lead in aligning, collecting and reporting on relevant program indicators to the organizational-wide M&E system.
- Establish and/or manage existing databases to track progress towards meeting project goals and objectives.
- Coordinate internal and external reviews and lead the analysis of findings, with a strong emphasis on learning at the state and local government levels.
- Ensure that project generated data is of high quality and meets Pact’s global standard
- Strengthen staff and partners’ capacity in qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation techniques through comprehensive staff training, mentoring, and/or coaching.
- All other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV’s and cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline 3rd November, 2017