RMNCH Advisor at the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP)
The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) was founded on the belief that social and behavior change communication (SBCC) is key to solving the world’s most pressing health problems. Our mission is to inspire and empower people around the world to make healthy choices for themselves and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RMNCH Advisor
Reports to: HC3 Nigeria Deputy Director – Family Planning
- The HC3 Nigeria RMNCH Advisor will provide technical input for programmatic, advocacy, SBCC, community engagement and M&E strategies and activities on all aspects of HC3’s FP and RMNCH programs.
- She/he will report directly to the HC3 Nigeria Deputy Director – Family Planning and work in close consultation on technical programmatic, SBCC and M&E issues with the broader HC3 Nigeria Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Social Science and Master’s Degree (Public Health or related field).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience technical support on Family Planning and/or related RMNCH programs in Nigeria.
- SBCC and/or Community Mobilization expertise highly valued.
- Sound technical knowledge on Family Planning, Reproductive, Maternal and Newborn and Child Health.
- Language Skills: Must be fluent in English, and given the geographic focus of the project, Hausa is highly desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Deputy Director with the development and implementation of the Advocacy, Demand Generation and Service Provider components of the project, as assigned.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships with health partners, implementing partners, Federal and State MOHs and other key stakeholders, with guidance from and in collaboration with the Deputy Director and Chief of Party.
- Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned.
- Provide support for training and capacity building activities targeted at HC3 project partners, heath service providers, community based organization, community mobilizers, volunteers etc.
- Assist with design and oversee implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation system.
- Provide technical assistance to the state teams as required.
- Coordinate closely with the broader HC3 Nigeria Team and other JHU-CCP programs in Nigeria.
- Travel to focal states is expected to be approximately 20-30%.
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of CCP’s Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties as necessary and/or assigned by supervisor and COP
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time. This may change over time.
Deadline: 5th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: email@example.com
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Cover letter should list previous all HR experience for USAID funded projects
- List the areas of geographical experience.
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should read EXACTLY “HC3 RMNCH Advisor”
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation
- Finalists will undergo an extensive background check.