W-Holistic Business Solutions is a professional service firm that delivers real impact, value and results through projects supporting economic growth and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trainee Consultant
Location: Lagos (but must be willing to travel)
- Our “product” is our ideas, the solutions to many of the world’s most complex challenges. So we are always looking for a talented person to join us as Trainee Consultants. And we go to amazing lengths to attract, hire and develop our truly exceptional people. But it’s not just about GPAs and Magna Cum Laudes.
- We’re looking for all-rounders – independent thinkers open to joining our small but growing, entrepreneurial organisation.
The ideal person:
- Is very passionate about development issues in Nigeria, Africa and globally.
- Aspires to become a leader in global development by tackling global issues, from malnutrition to unemployment to poverty to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind.
- Always focused on delivering results, not stories that involves making a case why one thing was the reason work could not get done. We all live in Nigeria, the reality is everything will not be perfect everyday. You are a solution provider, so if the Internet has issues and a document has to get to a client, please be a Super Hero and just make something happen.
- Doesn’t take things personally but stays objective, is assertive and always uses logic to make decisions. But there is a thin line between proud and being assertive. We need someone that knows when they are crossing that line because we promote humility.
- Agrees with this statement: “I will not lie, I will not cheat, I will not steal, I will not tolerate those who do”……
- Lives on the Lagos Mainland axis. The closer to Ikeja, the better.
- If you cannot honestly tick all of the requirements listed above, then this role is NOT right for you and you should not bother yourself to apply.
- If you were reading the requirements and it seemed we were describing your friend, BE NICE and please forward it to them.
- If you find yourself smiling as you were reading those requirements, nodding like we were absolutely describing you, then this role might be PERFECT for you
- Excels in solving problems using clear strategic thinking and quantitative and qualitative analysis, and want to put their skills to work to transform lives, businesses, communities, societies and economies.
- Is a committed self-starter and not someone who waits to be told what to do. Good is the enemy of Great. We want great people that do not rate themselves as average but can showcase great learning and development exploits, leadership roles in any area of their life, an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
- Is “tech savvy” and understands how to use a computer for increased productivity and not for browsing the Internet. Works Smart and not Hard. We don’t measure people by how many hours they work or how much time they spend in the office
- Absolutely loves to read and take charge of their personal development. The kind of person who comes across a new concept on Friday evening and by Monday morning before meeting the client has read over 2,000 pages (literarily almost has a Phd on that subject) so as to be grounded on that concept.
- Is cool, calm and relaxed, but always pushing to get things done. Likes to take responsibility, is dependable (VERY dependable… not the “This usually doesn’t happen, but it happened again” type)
Deadline: 20th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “W-HBS Trainee Consultant” and must include:
- Your CV that includes your career history, with each job you’ve had, what the responsibilities were, who your boss was – along with what each of your bosses would say were your strengths and weaknesses.
- Please also include contact information for each of your previous bosses, so we can check your references.
- A written response (limited to a maximum of 500 words) on why you think you’re a good match for what we have listed above.
- The link to your Linkedin page.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.