Administrative and Logistics Coordinator at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need.
We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria will implement projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative and Logistics Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 3 months
- In line with the 2017 Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview for Nigeria, more than 8 Millions of people require humanitarian assistance, especially located in the Northeastern part of Nigeria, Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe. Tdh, present in the South West of Nigeria since 2008 through child protection activities decided to launch an analysis of the situation, with a specific focus on Child Protection, Health and WASH, in the aim to extend its activities to participate to the humanitarian response in the Northeastern part to support the populations affected by the drought, famine and insurgency.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Administrative and Logistics coordinator under the immediate supervision of the Country Representative will direct and coordinate all administrative, accounting, financial and logistics services associated with the delegation.
- He/she will take part in defining Tdh’s human resources policy, and ensure that it is followed.
- He/ she manages and trains logistics team, make sure purchases and timely supply to respond to program and office needs.
- As Coordinator, he/she is responsible for the delegation’s financial balance.
- He/she will monitor adherence to Tdh Administrative and Logistics procedures and donor procedures as well as to the laws of the country in which intervention is taking place.
- He/she is the point of reference for the delegation, and the link between headquarters and the delegation for all administrative and logistics matters.
- He/ she contributes to define and implement security and access strategies for the delegation
Responsibility: Analysis of the socio-economic context:
- Identify administrative partners
- Follow the development of exchange rates, prices and salary levels
Responsibility: Manages the program’s financial resources
Aim: To ensure on-going sound financial management that complies with internal procedures and with the guidelines of financial partners:
- Ensure the spread, adherence and monitoring of Tdh’s procedures
- Define and elaborate the budget proposals
- Provide the program’s global financial monitoring (by Finance Management Tool)
- Guarantee high quality accounting
- Monitor the high quality cash management between the HQ and bases, in accordance with security considerations and program needs
- Ensure compliance with financial rules in the management of the program’s main partnerships
- Ensure that each budget holder has received adequate training for managing their budget and codifying expenditure correctly
- Manage and facilitate external audits, internal control and fraud prevention
Activities specific to institutional donors:
- Ensure the spread, adherence and monitoring of the donor procedures
- Lead the production of budget forecasts, the implementation and monitoring of the program’s budget and reporting
- Produce correct and timely financial information to complete proposals and financial reports
- Facilitate the establishment of country strategy by making the financial information and analysis available
Aim: Tdh presence is secure from a legal standpoint:
- Guarantee the correct archiving and security of the organization’s documents (paper and digital)
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements (HR, administrative, financial, etc.), referring to local expertise if required (lawyers, employment inspectors, etc.)
- Keep a watch on NGO groups, take part in the activity of networks on legal and HR aspects
- Follow up partnership contracts and ensure they comply with internal rules and donor obligations
Aim: equitable treatment of staff and efficient HR management in support of the program:
- Define the Human Resource’s Policy, including pay, social and training aspects
- Define and implement the corresponding HR processes
- Manage national staff recruitment and assessment processes
- Participate in welcoming and administrative briefing of expatriate staff
- Ensure that the HR policies are respected
- Ensure the administrative management of program staff
- Ensure the management of medical evacuations for expatriate staff and the management of accidents and serious incidents
Fleet (Vehicles and Thermal equipment) management:
- Size the fleet and thermal park based activities and ensure its homogeneity
- Ensure the pooling of vehicles at bases
- Oversee the planning and execution of maintenance and repair of the fleet
- Define the composition of batches of board and verify their implementation
- Define rules regarding travel of vehicles and persons according to Tdh procedures
- Analyze the monthly consumption related to the fleet
- Establish a procurement strategy for fuel, spare parts and consumables
- Supervise the administrative documents related thermal equipment (log book, contracts, insurance …)
Technical Equipment Management:
- Develop a strategy for renewing equipment
- Size the equipment fleet based on activities and ensured the homogeneity of the fleet and respect Tdh standards
- Ensure that the pooling of resources in the mission.
Management of communications systems and telecommunications:
- Size the communication network based on the needs of the mission, the financial opportunities and constraints related to the mission.
- Ensure the compliance with current legislation regarding radio communications equipment
- Ensure the functioning and proper use of communications equipment and compliance with Tdh communication procedures and protocols.
Management and monitoring of IT assets:
- Size the computer park of the mission
- Ensure the establishment of a backup, data protection and update the antivirus.
- Ensure the maintenance and proper use of computer equipment
- Conduct environmental analysis of national procurement and compile environmental analyzes done by purchaser
- Oversee the updating of price and providers lists.
- Validate the procurement tables
- With Coordination team, ensuring that the purchase planning is integrated into the activities planning.
- Check consistency of purchase planning with the Supply manager.
- Ensure compliance of logistics budget lines and their consumption.
- Validate the tenders and contracts that require validation of coordination
- Validate the purchases of durable equipment according to Tdh standards and sizing of the mission
Inventory and stock Management:
- Size the emergency stock and contingency for the delegation
- Analyze monthly inventory
- Ensure proper management of the delegation warehouses.
- Ensure compliance with storage procedures and use of Tdh formats
- Ensure that physical inventories are conducted monthly and reconciled with theoretical inventory
- Consolidate and ensure the value of donations for all programs
- Submit a reallocation of equipment and material remaining at the end of program
Management of shipments and deliveries:
- Ensure compliance with local customs procedures.
- Capitalize the information’s on distances, prices, modes and transport companies
- Work to optimize delivery times
Support the Country Representative on the following tasks
Context analysis / information collection:
- Monitoring and analysis of political and military strategies of armed groups and militias in presence
- Define security strategy appropriate to identified risks
- Conduct security assessments in new areas of intervention and propose specific security measures in the opening areas
- Assist teams for the opening and securing new bases or closing existing bases
- Conduct assessments of roads and airports used by the teams and the selection of airlines
- Improve the collect and capitalization of information’s. Develop a network of contacts
- Participate in interagency meetings of coordination related to security
- Ensure regular financial, administrative and logistics reporting to headquarters, on a schedule defined in the administrative and logistics calendar
- Consolidate and publish financial reports, following financial donors’ administrative procedures
- Consolidate and publish logistic reports, following logistic donors’ procedures
- Actively participate in the drafting of Proposals and reports and schedules for donors
- Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative authorities at a national level.
- Carry out constant judicial monitoring, keep up-to-date with local employment laws, check information collected with law firms and insert it into Tdh’s documentation
- Organize and run information and coordination meetings
- Ensure that Tdh’s in-country registration is followed up
- Participate in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Tdh when asked/delegated
- Participate in meetings relating to logistic aspects, represent Tdh when asked/delegated to do so
- Act as a link between headquarters and the field for all matters relating to administration
Team management and supervision:
- Aim: Develop the team’s autonomy and performance
- Size the administrative and logistics team of the delegation.
- Provide administrative and logistics training guidelines
- Ensure administrative and logistics briefings for new arrivals
- Supervise and lead the administrative and logistics team, set objectives and carry out assessments of direct reports
- Organize and run information and coordination meetings
- Manage direct reports’ contracts (leave, end of trial period, etc.); if the need arises, co-validate
- Disciplinary procedures with the country representative
- Oversee the team’s career development: define training needs and provide guidance on professional development
- Offer the technical support to Administrative and Logistics Managers in the bases, on day-to-day basis and through field visits
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures
- In his/her professional activities, adhere to the values defined in the strategic plan: commitment, expertise, integrity and self-reliance
- Work in different cultural backgrounds and in difficult situations, deal with confrontation due to differences (intercultural)
Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) Operational Risk Management:
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Professional Diploma or University degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Audit; diploma in Logistics is recommended
- Previous experience with an NGO is mandatory, preferably in emergency context
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet).
- Knowledge of SAGA.
- Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation
- Organized, proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of French is an asset
General ConditionSwiss salaried contract 3’400 CHF (~2’950 €) < > 4’750 CHF (~4’100 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
How to Apply