Greensprings School, is an independent, non-partisan, day and boarding school for boys and girls from 18months – 18years. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society.
Greensprings School began in 1985 in the heart of Anthony Village, Lagos. Today, we have established another state of the art campus on the Lekki Peninsula in Lagos. The Greensprings Community places great value on character and moral education as well on academics achievements. Our unique education ensures that boys and girls learn in the words of our school song.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Catering & Hospitality Supervisor
Scope and General Purpose
- To manage catering operations, costs and budgets.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum HND / B.Sc in a related field with at least 3-4 years relevant work experience.
- Maintains high ethical standards.
- Excellent Inter-personal skills
- Oversee quarterly market surveys
- Ensure proper documentation of all items that were received and issued. Keep update stock cards
- Possess Basic Accounting Skills
- Flexible, Honest and able to “multi-task”
- To ensure procedures laid out in school food safety program as it concerns catering is followed
- To attend and oversee HACCP meetings
- To coordinate menu planning and kitchen operations
- To oversee the preparation and service of food and beverage
- To conduct quarterly market surveys
- Constantly train staff to effect good portion control and pleasing presentation of dishes.
- To ensure that maintenance problems are promptly reported and resolved.
- To ensure correct and timeous completion of all administrative work such as leave schedules, roasters, disciplinary actions, sick leave, daily attendance registers etc.
- Prepare and submit on the required format all information necessary for budgeting purposes, timely and accurately.
- To ensure that food meets required standard at all times.
- To ensure that recipe with approved usage is followed.
- Internal process quality must be followed.
- Manage and supervise team
- To have 90% of customer feedback as positive.
- To ensure that safe food temperatures are maintained at all times (0° – 5°C for cold and ≥65°C for hot meals)
- Prepare and submit material usage reports, timely and accurately.
- Up to date on new trends in inventory by maintaining professional and technical knowledge, attending educational workshops; bench marking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Prepare and submit weekly report on all activities to the Operations Manager
- To ensure no incident of spoilage or waste
- All other duties as reasonably requested.
- To provide evidence of quality check for all receivables
- To ensure safe food handling and storage practices are maintained
- To make monthly orders for materials to the purchasing department.
- To make weekly materials requisitions to kitchen store.
- To ensure the provision of quality food and service, to the requirements and satisfaction of the company.
- To check that food is prepared and delivered in a standardize process.
- Ensure that all ordered goods are delivered to the correct quantities, quality and price.
- To ensure that hygiene standards comply with company and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that all staff are dressed correctly to satisfy statutory requirements as well as enhancing the image of the establishment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 10th November, 2017.