Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party – Nigeria Effective WASH Services
- Tetra Tech is seeking to hire a qualified Chief of Party for the USAID-funded Effective WASH Services (E-WASH) activity in Nigeria.
- The Project will work towards achieving the following objectives: Creating professionally-managed and commercially-oriented State Water Boards (SWBs); Improving the financial and operational viability of SWBs; Strengthening policy, institutional and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services; and Building national and state WASH advocacy, coordination and communications for reform.
- This 4 year project will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. Both Foreign Nationals and Local Candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The COP must have an Advanced Degree in a relevant field: Water Resources Management, Water Engineering, Economics, Urban Sanitation, Organizational Development, and Utility Management, or other relevant field
- 10+ years of relevant experience on USAID or other donor funded projects; with significant management or oversight roles including 6 years of experience managing large, complex donor-funded projects;
- Demonstrated experience working with development agencies and organizations, high-level government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries;
- Deep understanding of, and experience working in, the urban WASH sector, particularly around activities focused on policy, governance, institutional capacity building and utility strengthening in Africa, ideally in Nigeria;
- Strong management capacity in large donor-funded projects (over 30 Million USD), with proven ability to oversee multiple activities simultaneously in multiple locations;
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory and interpersonal skills, and ability to work well on a team; and
- The COP should be experienced managing diverse teams in WASH projects in Africa.
- Provide the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful implementation;
- Work closely with other key personnel and supervises project staff to ensure the strategic and functional integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts;
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and targets, and achieving project results as specified by USAID/Nigeria under the RFP;
- Responsible for providing quality control of products prepared by the team and providing technical guidance to partners;
- S/he oversees project planning, provides technical direction and support and ensures implementation, with a focus on results, and financial accountability for all project activities; and
- Communicate/work with Federal Ministry of Water Resources, and key stakeholders at national and state levels.
Deadline: 10th December, 2017.
How To Apply
Click here to apply online
- To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
- Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
- No phone calls will be accepted.