Network Arewa24 Limited is the company that owns and manages AREWA24, a Hausa-language, free-to-air satellite television channel which can be viewed on Eutelsat Satellite Channel 16A/16 East Horizontal (frequency 10804, symbol rate 30000).
AREWA24 content is locally produced by and for Northern Nigerians, and fully dedicated to the people, cultures, and values of the Hausa-speaking region. The channel is dedicated to airing exciting and relevant entertainment shows with a slate of original and premier international programming.
AREWA24’s goal is to develop its authentic Hausa-language content that enriches the lives of Northern Nigerian viewers and projects the beauty, promise, and potential of Northern Nigeria. Network Arewa24 Limited seeks to recruit an experienced candidates to help support the growth of AREWA24 and its Nigerian content.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Freelance Translator (Local Hire)
Reporting Responsibility: The Freelance Translator will report to the Head Translator of Network Arewa24 Limited (NAL)
Experience, Qualification and skills
- Minimum of BSc Degree.
- Three to five (3 – 5) or more years of script translation experience, precisely translation of English Scripts into Hausa Language
- An education in English language
- Excellent knowledge of English and Hausa languages.
- Excellent in English Grammar preferably American style.
- Ability to translate phrases, terms and expressions in context (avoiding direct translations out of context) and taking notes of punctuation marks and capitalization.
- Previous work experience within structured work environment
- Ability to keep to timelines set for deliverables
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work with minimum of no supervision
- Position holder is expected to provide translation services (Hausa to English / English to Hausa) of scripts for Hausa/English speaking audiences.
- Engage actively in the correct interpretation of literary meanings of terms or pronunciation of words for effective comprehension by the audiences.
- Ensure speedy and timely translation of scripts within timeframe without compromising quality.
- Carry out any related assignment that might be given to them from time to time.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Deadline: 31st December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
- Title of position applied for should be clearly stated as subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted