Softcom is a group of professionals whose overarching goal is to add value. For 3 years, we have supported organisations in their quest for impact and growth using Technology.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Tech Product Support Officer
- Softcom creates some of Africa’s most cutting-edge software products, and we want you to be a part of our team. We currently have a challenging and rewarding position for someone seeking to broaden their skills and advance their career in IT. As a Tech Product Support officer with Softcom, you will join our highly skilled and motivated Tech and Customer Support team.Your investigative and problem solving skills will make a valuable contribution to the success of Softcom.
- If you are a budding programmer with tertiary qualifications but with limited commercial experience and have created your own projects for business family and friends, we will be interested in you.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and a great team to work with.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Logging and resolving customer issues
- Customer correspondence including documentation of user guides and other resources
- Escalation and reproduction of technical issues for the development team
- QA tasks and technical documentation
- Administration of SQL databases
- System monitoring
- Performing all other functions as may be required of you to enable Softcom achieve its strategic objectives
- Reports to: Volunteer Support Supervisor
- Supervises: non
- Liaises with: Fulfillment & Volunteer support team
- B.Sc./HND in Computer Science or related field
- One (1) year experience in a software support or development/QA role is advantageous.
- Demonstrated basic programming skills with commercial experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrated SQL and some PSQL programming skills is highly desirable
- Demonstrated Database Stored Procedure Development skills (firebird PSQL, postgres PL/PGSQL, oracle PL/SQL or similar) is highly desirable
- Demonstrated Visual Studio Development ( VB / C# …etc ) skills is desirable
- Demonstrated Visual IOS Development ( Objective C / Xcode ) skills is desirable
- Demonstrated Web Development ( java script / HTML / HTML5 / PHP …etc ) skills is desirable
- Good formal documentation skills is highly desirable
- Demonstrated investigative and problem solving skills is highly desirable
- Thorough understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office suite is highly desirable
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Windows operating systems
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Internet communication peripherals (modems, routers)
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks and security systems
- Understanding of LAN and WAN communication and configurations.
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand new tasks and ideas
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Possess a strong desire for self improvement and advancement
- Possess a strong and active interest in IT generally
Call Centre/Customer Support Manager
- We currently have a challenging and rewarding position for someone seeking to broaden their skills and advance their career in Customer Support.
- As a Call Centre/Customer Support Manager with Softcom, your investigative and problem solving skills will make a valuable contribution to the success of Softcom.
- If you have had ample experience supervising a team of call centre agents or telemarketers, we will like to meets you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises, trains, evaluates and disciplines employees.
- Hire and onboard new employees
- Plans, organizes and controls the operation of the Customer Service Division;
- Assigns personnel to the various operations and instructs them when necessary so they are trained to perform assigned duties in accordance with established methods and procedures.
- Collaborates with Engineering Division in the development of new programs and changes to existing programs to meet future needs.
- Assist in the formulation of targets for customer service team
- Answer questions from customers and provide guidance and feedback
- Anticipate escalation and take over calls when needed
- Devise ways to optimize procedures and keep staff motivated
- Measure performance with key metrics such as call abandonment, calls waiting etc.
- Ensure adherence to policies for attendance, established procedures etc.
- Keep management informed on issues and problems
- Prepare monthly/annual results and performance reports
- Performs related duties as required.
- B.Sc./HND in Linguistics, English or related discipline.
- Three (3) years Customer Service and Call Centre Experience.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and train direct reports.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in use of computers and date entry
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to think logically and to plan work with efficiency and productivity as a priority.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to improve business processes and efficiency
- Able to respond to customers in a friendly and effective manner, some of whom will be demanding or evasive.
- Consistent in following established procedures and in training staff to do the same.
Deadline 15th November, 2017.