INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title : Administration and Finance Coordinator
Code: SR – 289
Starting date: 01/01/2018
Contract duration: 1 year (renewable)
Reporting to : Chef de Mission; Regional Director Administration and Finance
General Purpose of the Position
- The Administration and Finance Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the economic, financial, accounting and administrative aspects of INTERSOS projects in the competence mission.
Required Profile and Experience
- University Degree in Management and Finance or other similar fields.
- Skills and knowledge of procedures of major donors (eg: ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR, UNICEF, USAID)
- Good knowledge of MS Office / Excel
- Good command of written and spoken French
- Knowledge of English
- 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Skills in human resources management and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in volatile and volatile security contexts
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
The Coordinator is the guarantor of the financial balance of the mission, the respect of the INTERSOS procedures, the procedures of the donor and the legislation of the country of assignment and is responsible for:
- Ensure compliance of financial management of projects, with administrative procedures of INTERSOS and donors;
- Monitor the regular updating of the accounting and computer accounting instruments of the project (estimated budget, NP) made by the project administrators for the proper monitoring and control of expenses;
- Preparation of financial reports and / or notes to donors for possible budget changes and / or in case of requests for amendments, in collaboration with the project manager;
- Drafting of the interim and final financial reports of the project in collaboration with the project manager;
- Planning and carrying out regular missions on project bases to ensure the continuous supervision of financial aspects in coordination and in accordance with the requests of the project manager,
- Administrative management of the mission: guarantee of compliance with international and national standards within the framework of human resources, seized contracts, labor code, tax law and INTERSOS internal regulations;
- Ensure adequate cash management of the projects (bank and bank) and in particular the monthly reconciliation (physical and with the INTERSOS internal accounting system) in collaboration with the project managers;
- Update financial, accounting and budgetary management;
- Define the circuit and expenditure authorization thresholds and ensure compliance with the purchase validation process;
- Share the financial data of the projects in accordance with the lines fixed in financial matters by the regional administration;
- Consolidate the monthly closing of the mission’s accounts;
- Prepare, monitor and review the financial programming of the mission;
- Consolidate monthly budget monitoring and ensure the financial balance of the mission;
- Control the operating costs of the mission;
- Prepare and accompany audits or possible controls;
- Prepare and consolidate the financial parts of the proposals;
- Integrate new donor contracts into the financial management of mission projects according to INTERSOS procedures;
- Supervision and training of the national administrative staff assigned to the project in collaboration with the project managers. Participation in the selection of national accounting and administrative staff and evaluation of the staff themselves;
- Electronic archiving of project administrative and accounting documents in collaboration with the project manager and submission of a final report at the end of the mission.
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS ‘platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with subject line: ” SR – 289 Administration and Finance Coordinator – Multiple Destinations”.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.