Virgin Forest Energy Limited is a wholly-owned and well capitalized Nigerian energy downstream oil trading company. We are dedicated to the provision of top-rate petroleum products and by-products to our vast array of clients and customers across Nigeria and beyond. In the course of our short but eventful existence as a corporate entity .
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Commodity Trader (crude oil)
- Candidates should possess minimum of BSc in Finance, accounting, business or economics or any other related field.
- Cognate experience in Commodity Trading especially Oil & Gas commodities.
- Applicants must possess adequate knowledge on oil and gas industry.
- Monitoring the changes in the various markets across the globe
- Direct experience in managing Oil risk positions
- Detailed fundamental & technical understanding of the Oil markets
- Quick decision-making capabilities
- Willingness to work hard and for longer periods daily
- Ability to conduct oil trades using an electronic exchange or on the trade floor
- More than 2 years’ experience and proven track record in Oil related trading within the banking or oil trading industry
- Previous experience in a platform that has strong client franchise would be an advantage
- Strong quantitative, documentation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for growth and success
- Able to work in a team environment and individually
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants must be computer literate
- Understand market conditions through Platts market reports and oil publications.
- monitoring world markets and following the financial news from agencies such as Reuters and Bloomberg
- Monitor trading screen and news channels, gather key data and analyse trends in order to take a daily position (Long/Short).
- Resolve operational inefficiencies, as well as negotiate freight and demurrage exposures resulting in transactional cost reduction.
- Responsible for trading petroleum product across West Africa and East Africa for Virgin Forest.
- Manage Profit and Loss and mark to market positions to ensure that the trades are profitable and targets are met.
- Identify commercially profitable physical deals and execute in the most beneficial manner.
- Successfully negotiate physical deals with counter-parties, as well as build and maintain n critical relationships with most major suppliers and customers covering the geographical areas of Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
- Responsible for planning shipping operations and vessel chartering for Virgin Forest.
- Manage loading and discharge operation for various product traded.