Job Vacancies at Kaduna State University – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kaduna State University was established under the Kaduna State Law promulgated in May, 2004. The promulgation was a consequence of the obvious and felt need to boost higher education in the State. Consequently, two campuses were approved, one in Kaduna town and the other in Kafanchan. At present, the University has a total of seven faculties, thirty seven departments and twenty nine programmes fully established. In addition, there is a College of Basic Studies that runs Remedial Programmes in both Campuses. The University has established a Postgraduate School and a College of Health Sciences.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
- The post of the Chief Security Officer, Kaduna State University, Kaduna is presently vacant. In accordance with the provisions of the Kaduna State University Law, the position of the Chief Security officer is hereby advertised for suitably qualified persons to apply.
- The Chief Security officer shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor on all security matters in the University and shall be in charge of the daily administration of the Security Unit.
- The appointment for the post of Chief Security Officer will be for a single term of five (5) years only.
- Salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Chief Security Officer in Nigerian Public Universities and as may be defined by the State Government and Governing Council of the University from time to time.
- The candidate shall not be more than 55 years at the time of application.
- Those who have served as Chief Security Officers in any University in the past eight (8) years or who are currently serving as Chief Security Officers need not apply.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates applying for the position of the Chief Security Officer must possess the following:
- M.A in the Humanities/M.Sc. in the Social Sciences or Science/MPA or LLB or
- B.A in the Humanities/B.Sc.in the Social Sciences or Science, with at least 10 years relevant working experience in a recognized Institution or
- HND, with at least 12 years relevant working experience in a recognized Institution
- Must be a Retired Military or Police Officer, not below the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel or its equivalent or Chief Superintendent of Police
Deadline: 27th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates must forward twenty (20) photocopies each of their Curriculum Vitae and relevant credentials with the following information below:
- Full Name: Surname First
- Marital Status
- Number of Children, including the Age of each Child
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area, State of Origin and Nationality
- Current Postal Address
- Educational Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Academic and Professional Bodies/Associations
- Work experience, Status and Salary Level
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
Candidates are required to submit five (5) photocopies each of their Application Letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) attaching photocopies of relevant credentials under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post of Chief Security Officer, Kaduna state University” and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Kaduna State University,
Tafawa Balewa Way,
Candidates are expected to fill the online recruitment survey at www.kasu.edu.ng and also upload their Curriculum Vitae (CV) in KASU recruitment email: email@example.com
Note: The University shall not entertain any correspondence from any candidate on this matter.