NBS Human Resources – Our client, one of the biggest players in FMCG industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance and Engineering Manager
- At least 8-12 years of progressive professional experience in manufacturing or technical project environments within an international food organization.
- Outstanding knowledge of world class manufacturing (WCM) practices, specifically with regard to asset management.
- Proven track record in project management in multifunctional / high complexity setting and teams with members of different professional or cultural background.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures and working instructions in quality, safety and food safety, environmental management systems and other related ESH&R standards and procedures.
- Proficiency in English both spoken and in writing.
- Progressive thinker, looking beyond current technology and developing and implementing inno- vation into the business.
- Innovator, visionary, team player, team builder and people developer.
- Communicate a compelling vision for innovation in maintenance development functions.
- Contribute to the Operational team (OT) by forging effective working relationships and gaining credibility and respect among colleagues in a matrix, organization.
- Is accountable for managing technical department and advancing maintenance developments
- that support business goals for the production location.
- Oversees the development and executes against a strategic operational plan and annual in-vestment plans (OpEx and CapEx plans).
- This includes; advancements in maintenance, pro-cessing, packaging, and automation processes and equipment; maintenance programs, pro-cesses and technology improvements; expansions.
- Is responsible for ensuring that there are solid maintenance specifications, standardization, pro-grams and practices enforced to effectively ensure consistency and implement improvements to successfully realize manufacturing performance within budget and delivering upon agreed sav- ings and improvements.
- Is accountable for overseeing the development capital program that focuses on key initiatives and projects that allow firm to meet current business needs as well as annual and strategic goals. Partnering with finance managing project planning process driving approval for specific projects, resource allocation and target setting for individual projects.
- Is accountable for periodic reviews with key stake holders against the approved maintenance budget.
- Responsible for assessment of the proposed investments and the oversight of the capital plan to ensure resource planning, timely execution and ROI is meeting the requirements.
- Is responsible for safeguarding compliance throughout firm’s of asset management standards and policies (in both engineering and maintenance) in order to ensure safe, reliable and efficient performance capable of optimizing technical availability of manufacturing assets. This applies to all installed production hardware, utilities and facilities.
- Is accountable for ongoing optimization of maintenance processes by analysing and continuous improving workflows and ways of working.
- Is responsible for driving connectivity between technical counterparts of Group Engineering to ensure best practice sharing and technical advancements in the manufacturing unit
- Is responsible for the development of people within the technical department and ensuring prop-er resource and succession planning is in place.
- Pro-actively developing a supplier base in Nigeria creating local services for machining and buy-ing spare parts.
- Securing the safety of people by continuously improving equipment safety and safe ways of working.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online