Site Construction Associate at ARM Life Plc
ARM Life is the Insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Site Construction Associate
- Overall responsible for delivering the assigned project on-time, within-cost and as per desired quality
Requirements, Experience and Education
- Engineer or Master of Construction, Architecture/ Civil Engineering/ Building Engineering holding Project Management Certificate awarded by reputable institutions
- 5+ years’ experience in project management and on-site management with a real-estate company
- Sounds understanding and interpretation of drawings
- Knowledge of key processes and phases in construction (Structure, M&E, Finishing)
- Proficient in creating and understanding a planning schedule and work break down structure
- Very detailed knowledge of material, equipment, logistics, storage and security
- Ability to make quick and tough decisions
- Good communication skills
- Strong ability to motivate, influence, negotiate and manage contractors
- People management skills, to be able to instruct staff, deal with difficult staffing situations and maintain a productive, happy but disciplined working environment
- Pro-active good at planning ahead as far as possible as the project progresses, checking back to plans/programmes regularly
- Strong sense of achievement; able to drive projects forward, expects good standards of work, tenacious, and able to overcome barriers/ solve problems.
- Organized, good at time management and prioritization of work
- Good eye for detail, e.g. for seeing small points in drawings, checking work quality
- Reliable, punctual and responsible
- Comply with planned budget:
- Actual cost of construction for the project as compared to budgeted cost of construction for the year (15%)
- Comply with construction progress:
- Deviation from timelines set for the project at the beginning of the year (25%)
- Violations to construction quality-
- No. of quality Non Conformance Reports issued by the design team
- No. of issues raised by operations/sales team during the handover process (25%)
- Violations to safety:
- No. of safety incidents which occurred on site during the year including; near misses, accidents, fatal accidents. (10%)
- Timeliness of reports-% submitted after set deadline (5%)
- Quality of report-% reports that conform to the pre-assigned template (5%)
- Co-ordinate relevant departments- Measured by an annual survey administered to the various team the employee regularly works with (5%)
- Feedback – The annual average rating from 360-degree surveys launched (15%)
- Maintain accurate and up to date records for site attendance, site induction, tool box talks, accidents, good received, weekly site records, site safety inspections, plant register records, scaffold report records and all staff related forms / administration.
- Produce Total Quality Management sheets for project tasks and resolve these with the relevant person, ensuring directives are undertaken and also maintaining records of these items, including site instructions received.
- Knowledge and understanding of all the trades required on site, the codes of practice relating to them and the requirements for them, to be able to quality control works ensuring that they are completed to the required standards
- Understanding of all the health and safety proposal and able to apply health and safety and security requirements. Set up an emergency plan and general site facilities for the project, ensuring that these are in line with the health and safety proposal.
- Work closely with the Construction Manager and other technical team members to plan the project effectively, by ensuring that the project requirements, specification, design drawings, health and safety proposals are all read, understood and agreed, and that a project programme is in place.
- Form and maintain the storage facilities and manage stock planning so that stock, materials, plant and tools are organized to meet the timescales for the project.
Organise construction including:
- Assist the necessary licenses required for the site such as construction, usage of pavement (if any), connections to infrastructure etc. are prepared by relevant parties
- Assist in the monitor and ensure conformity of materials, installation and construction equipment operated by contractors on construction site against contract and approved technical and other requirements,
- Check payment certificates, verify quantities in terms of labor, material equipment and others as provided by contractors
- Advise procurement and contracting teams on technical exclusions suggested by contracts/vendors; Participate in selection of materials and vendor/contractor for the project
- Manage contractor claims on the project, drawing in expertise from design, procurement and contracting, and legal wherever necessary
- Provide first aid facilities, ensuring there is a first aid area (kept clear), first aid stocks/facilities are kept clear
- Ensure safety to public, site visitors and staff on site at all times, ensuring that preventative measures are taken, including personal protection, following safety instructions and following all aspects of the health and safety proposal for the site.
- Formulate a material schedule for the project, including take off from issued drawings and specifications, and produce requisitions as far ahead of programme periods as possible to enable best prices to be obtained by the Procurement Team.
- Maintain the schedule and track progress, keeping records on file and copying weekly records to line manager/ office.
- To manage building contracts on-site, liaising with the Contracts Manager, client, sub-contractors and other trades, coordinating all aspects of the works so that the building project is completed in line with the requirements, within budget and on time.
- Have a commercial understanding of the project, advising and implementing cost savings at all times, and represent the company in a professional and proactive manner in all dealings with those associated with, and affected by, the building project.
Responsible for completion and handover for operation:
- Test-run each item before use, perform acceptance and hand over to end user;
- Prepare equipment portfolio and user manual; co-ordinate with supplying contractors to organize operation training for the management and operation teams (if required)
- Hand over project records issued as per handover process required by company and/or country protocol
Responsibilities and jurisdictions to resolve arising issues:
- Identify deviations in construction which do not impact bearing capacity and architecture of the project
- Manage design and quantity change process along with contracting and design department
- Can effect required instructions to ensure a defect or deviation that can affect the project delivery (time, cost, quality) are re-mediated.
- Provide opinions on composition of items and components, propose revision of technical design, if required
- Conduct direct labor tasks from time to time as at when it is adjudged to be advantageous to the organization and when clear instructions are provided for their being undertaken.
- Progress Reports (Weekly, Monthly)
- Contractor performance evaluation
- Equipment portfolio and user manual
- HSE administration and report
- Store and material management report
- Project Records for handover
- Time on Field/Technical -95%
Deadline: 15th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online