Vacancy at Security Guard at Le Meridien
Marriott International – Our brand Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Guard
Job Number: 17001S18
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Category: Loss Prevention & Security
Position: Type Non-Management/Hourly
- Patrol all areas of the property; assist guests with room access.
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions, perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire life safety system.
- Lock property entrances when required.
- Conduct interviews with relevant parties.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e. g., run, walk, jog).
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects).
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Conduct daily physical hazard inspections.
- Respond to accidents, contact EMS or administer first aid/CPR as required.
- Assist guests/employees during emergency situations.
- Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Defuse guest/employee disturbances.
- Call for outside assistance if necessary.
- Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents.
- Handle all interruptions and complaints.
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Escort any unwelcome persons from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation.
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts.
- Call for assistance using proper code responses.
- Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Conduct investigations and gather evidence.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online