Vacancy for Head of Operations at South Shore Women’s and Children’s Hospital
At South Shore Women’s and Children’s Hospital, we are focused on the provision of excellent and individualized care to our patients. We believe totally in the respect of humans, their choices and the diversity of our patients. We are continually upgrading our knowledge and skills to the benefit of our patients.
We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently support operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
- The chief operating officer position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the Hospital has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
- The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the Hospital.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field
- At least four years of strong operational experience will be an advantage
- Minimum of Three Years Experience in Human Resources Management
- Master’s degree in business management or related field.
- At least three years in a senior management role.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management service by mirroring the adopted mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Participate in the strategic and long range planning of the organization. Provide leadership in determining clinical and organizational goals and develops processes to achieve these goals.
- Responsible for driving the Hospital to achieve and surpass profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes in the hospital both internal and external.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Hospital.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Act as lead “client-care officer” through direct contact with every client and partner.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the Hospital with clients, investors, and business partners.
- Drives the growth of the company with approval from the CEO.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Supervisory Responsibility
- This position has overall supervisory responsibility for all corporate operations.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinet
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Mondays – Fridays 08:00am – 05:00pm (Might be required to work weekends)
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Deadline: 28th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Role of Head of Operations” as the subject of the mail.