Cost Accountant at Independent Project Monitoring Company Limited (IPMC)
Independent Project Monitoring Company Limited is a group of professional individuals, who are competent and capable enough to help clients achieve their goals. Our professional consultants specializes in the oil & gas industries, infrastructure & building and other services. Our experienced consultants offer services tailored to the technical. Economic, and management needs of our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Accountant
- Prepare and analyze food and beverage costs on a monthly basis and recommend alternatives to improve costs.
- Assist in the monthly food and beverage inventories count and extension.
- Establish and maintain a database for food and beverage inventory stock including up-to-date pricing.
- Ensure proper storage and issuance of all food and beverage items.
- Establish and maintain a cost allocation transfer system for food and beverage supplies to the various departments. Summarize these transactions for each financial period close.
- Cost all food and beverage items and where practical, input these costs into the point of sales system and generate monthly potential food and beverage cost of sales.
- Price all food and beverage storeroom requisitions and compute the following:
- Monthly food and beverage actual costs by outlet
- Monthly storeroom variances for food and beverage
- Assist management in menu costing in order to establish menu item sale prices.
- Establish and monitor the following operational controllers in the banquets and food and beverage outlets:
- Cash Bars
- Menu Items (ensure that they are properly rung up the system)
- Liquor pouring procedures
- Guest check void controls
- Cash handling and check settlement
- Operation inventories and reconciliations
- Point of Sale system user capabilities and controls
- Portion controls
- Prepare F&B reports as requested by management.
- As the successful candidate, you will hold a Bachelor degree in accounting or finance. A master’s degree would be an added advantage
- Membership of the chartered institute of accountant of Nigeria is required
Skills and Competences:
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to motivate employees and proven leadership skills.
- Familiarity with Financials System, Reporting System, Micros POS and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to understand accounting processes
- Open to and proposes new ideas to improve existing work processes
- Helps to drive change to reduce complexity
- Uses customer/client information to improve work process
- You will have gained at least 12 years of experience in various financial roles within the hospitality sector preferably as cost accountant
- You will have knowledge of applicable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and be proficient in SAP or Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis including key trends analysis and business case analysis
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
Deadline: 1st January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s/Resume to: email@example.com