Financial Accountant Career at Independent Project Monitoring Company Limited (IPMC)
Independent Project Monitoring Company Limited is a group of professional individuals, who are competent and capable enough to help clients achieve their goals. Our professional consultants specializes in the oil & gas industries, infrastructure & building and other services. Our experienced consultants offer services tailored to the technical. Economic, and management needs of our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
- As the successful candidate, you will hold a Bachelor degree in accounting or finance. A master’s degree would be an added advantage
- Membership of the chartered institute of accountant of Nigeria is required
- You will have gained at least 12 years of experience in various financial roles within the hospitality sector.
- You will have knowledge of applicable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and be proficient in SAP or Oracle.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
Skills and Competences:
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to motivate employees and proven leadership skills.
- Familiarity with Financials System, Reporting System, Micros POS and Excel
- Ensure that the guests have best possible experience by trouble-shooting and resolving all billing-related disputes.
- Represents the finance department on the daily department heads meeting with the general manager.
- Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable and department budget.
- Calculate and distribute wages and salaries.
- Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities.
- Prepare financial statements and debtors’ listings.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting.
- Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- If any imbalance or difference found on the ledger then co-ordinate with the PMS team to resolving the same.
- Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Property Management systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS) and SPA software’s.
- Ensure that all statutory details (PAN, TAX NO, Company Registration no. Etc.) are displayed on the guest invoices and bills.
- Bills A/R accounts daily and send the same to guest along with the supporting bills and statements.
- Follows up on any accounts within 3 days to ensure customer has received the invoice and does not have any questions.
- Review the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Ageing reports on a daily basis.
- Follow up 30 days after the initial billing if payment has not been received.
- Check customers credit ratings and Flag accounts as ‘Black listed’ for long outstanding or defaulter accounts.
- Enters invoices into accounts payable system weekly after verifying a purchase order was received from ordering department head and obtaining General Manager’s approval.
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and merchant services for business units.
- Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required.
- Performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions.
- Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government entities.
- Monitors and contains all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and investors.
- Working with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit.
- Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labour management, payroll, etc.
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
Deadline: 1st January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s/Resume to: email@example.com