The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver
Location: Geidam, Yobe
- The Driver is responsible for operating a vehicle owned by the organization to provide transportation services to the employees and visitors of the organization; to move expendable and non-expendable supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary; ensure that preventive maintenance of the vehicle is performed on a regular basis.
- This Driver position will be based in Geidam, Yobe State, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Driver reports to the Administration & Office Manager in Abuja, and Office Manager in Adamawa, Borno, Yobe, respectively.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Valid Nigerian Driver’s license is required.
- Clean driving record/history is required.
- Excellent Communication skills are required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience driving a motor vehicle is required. At least 1-2 years of experience with an International Organization is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of different regions in the country is required.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of driving
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in English and one of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is preferred.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the project staff in obtaining and facilitating movement to different project sites.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs, when necessary, and ensure that the vehicle is kept in good working condition.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, maintenance, oil changes, etc.
- Ensure that all required procedures and laws are adhered to when driving.
- Collect and deliver mail or other type of correspondence, when required.
- Provide safe transportation to passengers.
- Assist in moving supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary, from one location to another.
- Provide airport pick-up/drop-off services to official visitors of the project.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com referencing the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities
- A cover letter
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 4th January, 2018.