Paradigm Initiative is a social enterprise that builds an ICT-enabled support system and advocates digital rights in order to improve livelihoods for under-served youth. Our programs include digital inclusion programs – such as the Life Skills. ICT. Financial Readiness. Entrepreneurship (LIFE) training program and Techtiary program – and a digital rights program, Magoyi. Across our offices in Nigeria (Aba, Abuja, Ajegunle, Kano, Yaba), Malawi, Cameroon, and beyond, as part of a pan-African expansion plan, we work to connect under-served youth with improved livelihoods through our digital inclusion and digital rights programs.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Finance and Assets Officer
- Prepares and manages all financial records, assets and capital base for effective administration and operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proper management of all accounts and financial statements
- Ensure that payments and taxes are disbursed as at when due
- Drafting financial reports in a way consistent with the organization’s policies
- Examine and ensure that all financial records and reports conform with the procedures and standards set by the organization
- Effectively utilizing computer systems to manage all income and expenditures in order to identify lapses and errors
- Developing budgets and regulating deficits and surplus in order to ascertain financial misappropriation
- Keeping proper records of all accounting systems and financial statements
- Reviewing accounts regularly and proffering solution to financial problems
- Maintaining, monitoring and evaluating all accounting reports and data analysis
- Providing advice and counseling on expenses, costs, revenues and best model for business management
- Identify and manage the internal revenue systems of the organization
- Analyzing, reviewing and collating financial data and other accounting systems
Assets Control and Management:
- Management and maintenance of all properties and acquisitions
- Strategize on the best model for managing the organization’s assets and resources
- Conducting periodic review of all assets and acquisitions
- Evaluating the value of all properties and suggesting ways for generating revenue
- Investigating and correcting financial misappropriations and records
- Performs internal and external auditing functions in compliance with the organization’s policies, strategies and procedural standards
- Keep regular updates of all financial transactions and accounting techniques
- Managing compliance process for period reports to, and interactions with, relevant agencies of government, including the Corporate Affairs Commission, Financial Reporting Council, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and Federal/State Inland Revenue Service
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Accounting packages
- Proficiency in planning, analyzing, calculations, and resource management
- At least 3 years of experience in Asset and Financial Management
Job Title: Director of Administration
Location: Lagos, Nigeria, with frequent local and international travel
- The Director of Administration oversees the overall daily office operations of Paradigm Initiative including office management, communication, human resources, finance and assets and management of Paradigm Initiative’s administrative staff.
- The Director of Administration works to improve processes and policies, manages administrative staff, leads long term organizational planning especially with its expansion into Africa.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Advanced Degree in Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- Experience with research, corporate communications, business planning and operations management
- Human resource management experience, with emphasis on managing change
- Non-profit or social business experience, of up to 10 years, with at least 3 in a leadership position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship and team building skills
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles/procedures
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication, in English and French, and presentation skills
- Ability to own processes, take initiative, and lead manage corporate change
- Management: Oversees the daily operations across offices by providing oversight for the Communications, Finance/Asset and Human Resources teams
- Administration: Planning and coordinating administrative procedures and systems for the organization especially with ongoing expansion into Africa
- Strategy: Develop and oversee implementation of the next phase of Paradigm Initiative’s strategic plan with the Executive Director
- Fundraising: Co-lead fundraising and endowment planning with the Executive Director
Commensurate with experience and skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and a cover letter highlighting relevant past experience and why you are interested in working at Paradigm Initiative to: email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail
Application Deadline 12th January, 2018.