Job Recruitment at the Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD) is an international, non-governmental organisation dedicated to research, training and advocacy on issues of democratisation, development and human security in West Africa, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reporting to: Head of Finance
- Specific project accounting
- Financial reporting to donors
- Preparing corporate accounts
- Updating financial records and ensuring compliance with internal control procedures.
- Carry out bank reconciliations using QuickBooks accounting package
- Liaising with tax authorities and other related agencies
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- The job holder must have a minimum qualification of B.Sc/HND in Accounting.
- Must be a professionally qualified Accountant
- At least three years hands on experience on a similar job in an IT accounting environment
- Experience in working in an NGO is very essential
- The incumbent must have excellent understanding of excel, word and quickbook accounting software.
- Audit experience while not compulsory will be an added advantage .
Job Title: Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer’s specific duties will be program monitoring and evaluation: ensuring that the programme is performing optimally to achieve established results/targets, and monitoring progress on performance indicators.
- S/he shall develop and manage the system for reporting on programme results as per monthly reporting guidelines and to donors as per donor reporting guidelines.
- S/he shall: ensure that programme plans and activities are directed towards achieving targets identified in proposal performance management plans and Annual Operating Plans;
- Assist in negotiating with funders over indicators/performance information required from the organisation;
- Implement and monitor a system for collecting data and information from Programme staff, partners, and sub-grantees on indicators/targets, including success stories that highlight the work of the organization.
- S/he shall be familiar with and communicate to rest of staff the basic tenets of programme Monitoring and Evaluation (such as the OSIWA, USAID log frame, or “logical framework” approach etc).
- S/he shall ensure that reports conform to specified/required formats, and that reports correspond to grant-specific.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 3+ years experience in programme monitoring and implementation
- Thorough familiarity with grant rules, regulations and requirements common to programmes funded by development cooperation agencies & foundations (such as USAID, DFID, NED, UNDP), and
- Proven abilities in programme DME (design, monitoring, and evaluation), including familiarity with best practices in use in the NGO sector to plan, monitor, and measure impact of programmes.
- This position requires the ability to work with a diverse team, to manage pressure effectively, and strong organizational skills are all essential.
Deadline: 27th December, 2017.
9th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover letter, resume and referees contact details by email to: email@example.com
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for e.g. Sylvester Brown: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Only short listed candidates will be invited.