The Federal University of Technology, Owerri was established in 1980 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University is committed to the production of high level manpower, engaging in cutting edge research and community service for the achievement of national developmental goals and global relevance. The University thrives for excellence and is poised to becoming one of the best Universities of Technology in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Owerri, Imo
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- We are specifically looking for a person of high integrity with leadership qualities, and robust physical and mental health.
- Agood honors degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Economics or Financial Management
- A professionally recognized Accounting qualification from any of the following Accounting Bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Association of Corporate and Certificate Accountants
- Institute of Cost and Management Accounts
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of United Kingdom, Scotland
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The candidate should be ICT literate and must not be more that 59 years at the time of application Possession of a Higher degree in any of the relevant disciplines and fellowship of any of the recognized Accounting bodies would bean advantage
- The candidate must have had at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in the University System or other comparable/similar establishments out of which five (5) must be as a Deputy Bursar.
Salary/ Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years effective from the date of assumption of duty.
- The salary is as applicable to similar positions in the Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.
Deadline: 15th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting amongst others:
- Names in full (Surname first, in capital letters)
- Place and date of birth
- Present Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Telephone Number
- Nationality/State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (If Any)
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (Including dates and Institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (Including distinctions with dates)
- Present Employment indicating present status and salary
- Statement of experience including authorship stating contributions, evidence to support contributions should be produced where possible.
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
In addition to stating the names and addresses of referees, applicants should request each of their nominated referees to send a confidential report on them to :
University of Technology,
- All applications and other correspondences should be forwarded in sealed envelopes directly to the Registrar.
- Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the closing date stated above.
- Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
- Interested candidates should visit our website at www.futo.edu.ng for more details.