Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer Vacancy at SLS Microfinance Bank Limited
SLS Microfinance Bank Limited, is an Abuja based microfinance bank duly licensed by CBN. Our main objective is to provide tailor-made financial services for the benefit of the low and medium income earners of the society as well as the small and medium scale enterprises. The bank is currently undergoing business expansion and repositioning that would enhance the actualization of our corporate dream.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer
The successful MD/CEO will:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the bank.
- Generate substantial deposits from new and existing relationships
- Execute the decisions of the Board of Directors.
- Participate in the hiring and supervision of the senior management team.
- Manage relationships with investors, regulatory agencies, creditors and other partner institutions.
- Create and implement a framework for the operation of an effective senior management team
- Ensure prompt rendition of reports and compliance with regulatory directives
- Ensure that the organization follows best practices for internal control and risk management.
- Operate in a fiscally responsible manner within agreed budget parameters.
- Ensure sound financial recording /reporting.
- Ensure that SLS MFB meets all the performance targets set by the board
- Lead the identification of target market segments and develop strategies for growth.
- Build the organizational structures and business teams to maximize productivity and performance.
- Facilitate and present periodic business performance reports to the Board.
- Participate in other Executive Management Committees and other related tasks.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by the board of directors.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Minimum of First Degree or equivalent in relevant courses. Post-graduate degree or any other related professional qualifications such as ICAN or CIBN will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the banking industry with 5 years in senior management position. Prior microfinance bank experience will be an added advantage.
- Must have a good knowledge of Abuja business environment, the needed contacts for business development and strong capacity for deposit mobilization.
- Must have a high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards.
- Must have strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements
- Strong communication skills.
- Applicant must be innovative, vibrant and conversant with relevant IT tools and applications.
Deadline: 3rd January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com