Job Title: Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Professorial Chair in Petroleum Geology
Advert Ref: UNP/SSR.37
Qualifications and Experience
A candidate for this position must be an acclaimed Professor of Geology carrying out frontline research in the following general areas:
- Petroleum Systems Analysis of Nigeria’s Inland Sedimentary Basins (Dahomey, Anambra, Benue, Borno Basins),
- Shale gas and other unconventional petroleum resources of Nigeria’s sedimentary basins.
- Evaluation of Contribution of Cretaceous Source Rocks to Niger Delta Basin Petroleum;
- Reservoir Characterization of Niger Delta Fields and Rocks Property Models, Onshore to Deep Water.
In addition, the holder of the Professorial Chair should have:
- Demonstrated evidence of extensive experience of successful practice of teaching and research as adjudged by the profile of his/her curriculum vitae and references from not less than three recognized referees;
- Carried out research and published extensively in relevant aspects of Petroleum Geoscience;
- A commitment to work full-time while devoting himself/herself completely to the challenges of academic excellent implicit in the position;
- The capacity to foster linkages with persons and institutions both nationally and internationally in the pursuit of excellence in knowledge and practice in Geology;
- Ability to adopt a team approach in research with other persons in the Department/Faculty.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- As approved by the PTDF, the appointment will be for three years and is renewable for another period of two years subject to adjudged performance.
- The Chair Occupant will enjoy a competitive salary which is equivalent of a professorial rank in Nigerian University and a top up, plus other attractive enhancement/incentives.
- The Chair Occupant will be required to give an annual lecture, publish and disseminate research results, and organize major seminar/lectures/symposia.
Deadline: 2nd January, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward ten (10) copies of their Curriculum Vitae stating phone numbers, e-mail addresses, age, marital status, qualifications, experience (teaching, research and publications) to:
University of Nigeria,
Note: Candidates are also advised to request their referees to forward confidential report on them to the Registrar.