Rivers State University 2018/2019 Admissions into Marine and Offshore Engineering Programme
Rivers State University, Port Harcourt – The Centre of Excellence in Marine Engineering and Offshore Technology, Rivers State University, Port Harcourt, Nigeria, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Admissions into the Master of Technology (M.Tech) Programme in Marine and Offshore Engineering for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Admissions into the Master of Technology (M.Tech) Programme in Marine and Offshore Engineering for the 2018/2019 Academic Session
- The academic programmes in the Centre of Excellence are designed to develop highly skilled professional graduates in all key areas of the maritime industry and in particular, in the offshore Oil and Gas sector, ranging from research and development, design, construction/installation, to operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- The programmes conform to the specified standards and satisfy the requirements of the NUC Benchmark for Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS).
- At completion of the programme, graduates of the Centre would acquire the requisite intellectual and professional skills to make them fully functional and ready for opportunities in the maritime and oil and gas industry.
- A successful completion of the academic programme will lead to the award of the Rivers State University’s Master of Technology (M.Tech) Degree in Marine and Offshore Engineering with Specialization in Marine Power plants, Naval Architecture, or Offshore and Subsea Engineering. Every graduate of the Centre will also be awarded the Certificate of the Centre named “Diploma of the Centre of Excellence (DCoE)”
Duration of Programme
The programmes are designed to cover a period of eighteen (18) months which includes six (6) months of internship geared towards executing a research project with practical applications in an Offshore Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company or other key areas of Maritime Engineering.
Graduates from NUC and COREN Accredited University programmes (in Nigeria) or highly recognized/rated foreign University who also satisfy the following conditions are eligible to apply for admission:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a First Class or good Second Class Upper Division with a CGPA of not lower than 3.8 on a 5point Scale/System
- The Degree must be in any of the Engineering disciplines listed below: Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Offshore/Subsea Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Petroleum Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
- School certificate/GCE/SSCE ‘O’ level with credit in five subjects that must include Chemistry, English Language, Mathematics, and Physics obtained in not more than two sittings
- The National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge Certificate.
Deadline: 31st January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Access Application Forms Online
- When page opens, click on “Go to Online Applications”. Thereafter, select the Programme: “Marine and Offshore Engineering”
- Application forms should be completed online, downloaded and hardcopies submitted to the Director, Postgraduate School, Rivers State University, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt, along with the following:
- Scanned copies of all relevant certificates, including the NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Certified academic transcripts. It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that copies of their academic transcripts are forwarded under confidential cover directly to the Director, Postgraduate School, Rivers State University, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt
- Letters of reference from three referees (including one from the academic institution last attended) stating that the candidate is qualified to undertake advanced studies and research and that the referee is confident that the applicant will benefit from the training.
- Corporate bodies and agencies that wish to nominate their staff can do so by endorsing the printed completed application forms as sponsors before submitting to the Postgraduate School. Such nominees are also expected to satisfy the above stated admission requirements.
- All candidates must provide a brief description in not more than one page of their work experience and current task(s) and how the training will add value to them. This is to be attached to the printed forms that will be submitted at the Postgraduate School.