The University of Ibadan (UI) established in 1948, first as a constituent College of the University of London, became a full fledged University in 1962 and has continued to blaze the trail as the foremost Nigerian University and the crucible of human capacity development in Nigeria and indeed sub-Saharan Africa. On account of its size, the numbers of faculties and institutes, huge number of courses both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and competent reach to the large society through the output and community services, UI remains the flagship of higher education in Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the postion below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Governing Council of the University of Ibadan hereby announces that the position of Registrar will be vacant by 10 April, 2018.
- ln accordance with the provisions of the University (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993 (as amended by Decree No. 25, 1996) and by the University (Miscellaneous) (Amendment) Act, 2003 and 2012 respectively, and in exercise of its power as contained therein, the Governing Council wishes to commence the process of filling the impending vacancy.
- By virtue of the University of lbadan Act 1962 as amended and other enactments, the Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University (other than academic and financial affairs).
- Indeed the Registry is the window through which the general “state of health or otherwise” of the University can be viewed from within and outside.
- The Registrar is the Secretary to Council, Senate, Convocation and Congregation.
- The Registrar is the repository of University documents/records and the archives of our past.
- By virtue of this responsibility, the Registrar has an enviable carriage in the larger society and thus honor, privilege and respect deserving of the occupant of the office.
- Wth a College of Medicine, 16 faculties, several Institutes/Centres, and some 110 academic departments and other service units, the Registrar carries a huge and enormous responsibility.
- Promotion of the welfare and discipline of a thriving workforce comprising 1,522 Academic staff and 4,275 non-teaching staff relies largely on the capability and quality leadership the Registrar can provide.
- Applicants must possess a good honours Degree (minimum of Second Class Lower) from any University recognized by the Senate of the University with at least 15 years cognate experience. In addition, applicants must possess a higher Degree and must be ICT compliant.
- Membership of relevant and recognized professional bodies is mandatory.
- Applicants must have occupied the position of at least Deputy Registrar in a tertiary institution, for a minimum of five years and should not be older than 60 years as at 10 April, 2018.
- The candidate shall be a person of rounded character and personality with excellent interpersonal relations.
- Such a person must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and Respect of people.
- The candidate must fully understand the complexity of a university system and be capable of bringing out the best in the subordinates.
- Candidate must enjoy good health, be of pleasant disposition, high integrity and strong moral character so as to inspire and maintain discipline among staff and students.
Condition of Service
- The appointment shall be for a period of five years and may, on the basis of satisfactory performance, be extended for a further period of one year and no more.
- Fringe benefits include pension scheme as may from time to time be approved by the Governing Council, furnished accommodation, official vehicle and Driver and other benefits applicable to similar positions.
Deadline: 15th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with the following conditions below:
- Fifty copies of Application Letter, and each should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae signed and dated by the candidate. The Curriculum Vitae must contain, among others:
- The candidate’s full name (surname first)
- Date of Birth (not age)
- Marital status
- Current address including e-mail and telephone numbers
- National/State/Local Government
- Full qualifications/Schools attended and working experiences
- Workshops/conferences attended
- Publications and
- Names and addresses of three Referees
- A Vision and Mission Statement for the Registry of not more than 1000 words.
- Each candidate must request each Referee to forward a confidential report directly to the Registrar.
All applications are to be forwarded under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked at the upper left hand corner “Application for the Post of Registrar” and addressed to:
University of Ibadan,
Note: Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.