Vacancy for Consultant at Pact Nigeria
Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant for Strategic Plan Review & Update
- Pact is an international NGO that works to improve the health, livelihood and natural resources of her target communities. Pact has been working in Nigeria since 2005.
- The organization is currently partnering with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to improve maternal, new-born and child health (MNCH) outcomes and reduce Maternal Mortality rate (MMR) and Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) in Gombe State, Nigeria through the Strengthening Accountability and Quality Improvement Project (SAQIP).
- The Strengthening Accountability & Quality Improvement Project (SAQIP) in Nigeria is designed to develop the capacity of the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA) and its associated Local Government Authority (LGA) structures to carry out their mandate to provide quality maternal, neonatal and child health services through Primary Health Centers (PHCs), while empowering community structures such as Ward Development Committees (WDCs) to provide the oversight needed to ensure delivery of quality services at PHCs.
- With improved quality of services, increased knowledge and demand and increased access to funds, an increased number of women will utilize maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH) services.
SAQIP seeks to achieve three primary outcomes:
- Improved governance, capacity and performance of public health system
- Improved accountability and community participation in public health system, and
- Increased utilization of public MNCH services.
The project combines approaches in health systems strengthening (HSS), community systems strengthening (CSS), capacity development, and women’s empowerment to implement a series of outcome driven activities.
The objectives of the consultancy is to support SAQIP to:
- To conduct a needs/situational analysis to inform evidence for the review and update of GSPHCDA Strategic Plan.
- Identify and clearly outline performance indicators, standards and targets to be achieved.
- Update the SP in line with current realities of the Primary Health System in Gombe
- Finalize GSPHCDA Strategic Plan 2018- 2023
- The consultant must be an expert in the field of Health, Planning and Economics
- Have Master Degree or higher in relevant field (Public Health, Development & Statistics)
- Have at least 7-10years post graduate, progressive responsible National Experience in the field of goal oriented Strategic Planning
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Health Sector in Nigeria
- Have good knowledge of the key structures in the State Primary Health Care Development Agencies
- Excellent Language Skills
- Experienced in team management and facilitation of workshops
- Skilled in the development of Annual Operational Plans
- Evidence of similar assignment elsewhere in Nigeria
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as a team member
Description of Work
The consultant will be responsible for completing the activities and deliverables as follows:
- Phase I (5th – 12th January 2018)
- Attend and participate the SP Committee Planning Meeting for the review and update of the SP
- Lead the review and update of the GSPHCDA Strategic Plans with all key stakeholders as well as its costing
- Work collaboratively with SAQIP team and the Committee Members
- Phase II (15th – 18th January 2018)
- Finalize and share the draft Strategic Plan and Consultancy Report.
Critical Milestones and Deliverables:
- Conduct SP Review Planning Meeting 5th January 2018
- Conduct workshop to review and update GSPHCDA Strategic Plan 12th January 2018
- Finalize Draft SP and its Costing 18th January 2018
- Submit Consultancy Report 18th January 2018
Period of Performance:
- The period of performance will be from 5th January through 18th January 2018. All work will be done locally in Nigeria, with travel to Gombe.
Timeframe and Considerations:
- Core Activity Key Participants Project No. of Days Dates
- Planning Meeting with SP Committee SP Committee Members 1 5th January 2018
- Review and update of SP SP Committee, Implementing Partners, CSOs, WDC, GSPHCDA Staff etc. 5 8th -12th Jan 2018
- Finalization of Draft SP & Reports Consultant, SAQIP, GSPHCDA 3 15th -18th Jan 2018
The successful consultant is expected to work closely with Pact Institutional Strengthening Advisor, the Executive Secretary GSPHCDA, the Strategic Planning Committee and the SAQIP Project Director with continued communication after remotely via skype and email.
Supervision, reporting and oversight:
- The consultant will report to the Institutional Strengthening & Operations Advisor, SAQIP Project.
Deadline: 29th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested consultants should send their expression of interest (EOI) with a detailed resume as attached MS Word Document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified persons will be contacted and invited for screening.