Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist 11 / Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist – SHOPS Plus
Req Id: 53365
Abt Associates seeks Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in FCT and Plateau States.
The Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist will be responsible for ensuring trained health workers are providing FP/LARC services according to quality standards. He/she will support health facilities to adhere to quality standards in the delivery of FP/LARC services.
- RN/RM, degree in Clinical Nursing/Midwifery or M.B.B.S degree. (Master’s Degree in Public Health is preferred)
- Current experience providing FP/LARC services
- 5 years adult learning training experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing and implementing clinical quality improvement and supportive supervision systems (specific experience with FP/LARC is desirable)
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public and private health sectors
- Strong knowledge and experience of FP/LARC service delivery in resource poor settings
- Familiarity with different sociocultural and developmental issues related to RH/FP in Nigeria and the international community.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer, management and organizational skills.
- A proven team player with a willingness to look at new solutions to problems related to sustaining provider behavior change and use of new skills.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to travel within and outside the state approximately 50% of the time.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders at the state and facility levels to identify gaps in FP/LARC service delivery and design interventions to address the gaps.
- Work closely with the RH/FP Technical Director and M&E Director to undertake facility quality assessments and surveys
- Work with selected training sites to be prepared to support training and provide enhanced content on overcoming bias through a training style that emphasizes coaching/mentoring
- Work with ACNM and state officials to design and implement a practical, sustainable supportive supervision system and other relevant quality improvement processes for FP/LARC service delivery
- Supervise the activites of the two Quality Improvement Officers as they identify gaps in FP/LARC service delivery, design interventions to address the gaps and implement a practical, sustainable supportive supervision system
- Support the states to follow-up and monitor health workers trained on FP/LARC, and ensure adherence to quality standards (including infection prevention and unbiased FP counselling)
- Work collaboratively with other technical staff and project partners to ensure effective and timely program coordination for implementation.
- Function as a liaison between State FP Coordinators, State Trainers, and trained providers to ensure practices remain to standards
- Work with state officials and supply chain programs to ensure health facilities have the necessary equipment and supplies to provide high quality FP/LARC services
- Provide support to private sector facilities to adhere to quality standards in the provision of FP/LARC services
- Participate in the development of strategy documents, work plans, and reports
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system
- (8+) years of experience and a Master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online