Acquisitions and Legal Officer at a Registered Real Estate Firm in Abuja
Next Gear Resources Limited, a registered Real Estate firm in Nigeria, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Acquisitions and Legal Officer
- A Degree in Law with 2 years minimum proven experience (Post bar)
- Membership of a recognized professional body is an added advantage
- Comprehensive understanding of land law.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and strong attention to details
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite Package – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Ability to draft basic legal documents
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Research and receive information on potential property/land locations
- Interface with government agencies regarding land use and building entitlements
- Manage vendors to ensure all parties meet established time frame
- Proper documentation
- Prepare property/land investigation report
- Execute other tasks as may be assigned
- Provide legal advice/administration on company related matters
- Oversee the conduct of legal research and provides legal update on modern trends on arbitration, conciliation and mediation
- Assist with review of new contracts as well as service level agreements or changes to existing contracts with several providers.
- To prepare all legal documents, each as Deed of Assignments, contracts etc.
- Serve as a legal resource person on professional services projects from time to time.
- To develop new business relationships, services and products; and generate and negotiate new contracts and income for Next Gear Resources.
- To participate in the effective delivery of business and marketing activities.
- Provide advice in respect of more general commercial matters (including intellectual property, agency, distributorship, franchising, and finance issues) as well as advising on the management and conduct of various contentious matters.
- To also provide advice, as and when required, on construction related matters.
- To market and sell an agreed monthly/annual target to increase year on year.
- Interpret the implication of all regulatory and internal policy issues for the appropriate departments to ensure compliance.
- Analyze information to determine viability of property, compliance with legal standards and eliminate potential risk.
- Coordinate and attend the property survey
- Manage vendors on every step of the acquisition process: e.g negotiation, approval process
- Report to the Manager, Property/land Acquisition, Leasing and Value Assurance.
- Interact with Land owners to resolve property development and property/land management issues as well as clarify interpretations
- Review and interpret property/land contracts and legal documents to ensure compliance
- Coordinate and analyze title commitments, recorded documents, bonds and insurance certificates
- Manage agreement and renewal processes
- Serve as the company’s named representative on legal documents.
- Advise directors and board members about their legal responsibilities to the firm.
- To develop and grow the legal department of Next Gear Resources, providing business ideas, plans and strategies as it relates of real estate.
- To develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate sells contracts to an agreed annual target.
- To present Next Gear Resources to potential clients through communication in face-to-face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- To meet all financial targets laid down by the Chief Executive and Business Development Manager.
- To work directly with the human resource department on all internal policies and procedures.
- To maintain effective relationships with existing clients in order to retain business.
- To represent Next Gear Resources in all Legal matters.
Deadline: 28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed cover letters and Resume/CV’s to: email@example.com Entries must be sent with Subject “Application for Acquisitions and legal Officer”.
- CV’s must be saved with your name and position applied for.
- All Entries not properly sent will be rejected.