Axios Foundation Nigeria (AFN) Recruits Field Laboratory Advisor
Axios Foundation Nigeria (AFN) is a Not-for-Profit Organization dedicated to increasing access to quality Healthcare and building local capacity in the health sector in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Laboratory Advisor
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor degrees in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Holder of Microbiology Degree with experience in health commodities logistics can also apply.
- Master in Public Health or equivalent is desirable.
- 5 – 10 years of relevant experience.
- Registered with MLSCN.
- Knowledge of packaging, handling and transportation of temperature sensitive and biological products.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and logistics.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Commodity Logistics or Health Commodity Logistics.
- Capacity to support health systems strengthening.
- Intermediate/Advanced Computer Skills to include the use of MS Office packages and Inventory Management Software.
- Ability to multi task, set priorities and work independently.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate coordination with National Integrated Specimen Referral Network (N1SRN) state and IP level structures (State NISRN Focal Person, IP Lab Technical Directors, and Testing Lab. Directors).
- Ensure smooth implementation and ensure that any issues related to specimen transport logistics are logged and addressed, in line with technical direction and oversight provided by GHSC-PSM.
- Support and supervise the State Laboratory Coordinators in the assigned region.
- Ensure that field reports are timely, quality assured and in conformance to the project deliverables.
- Carry out periodic field support visits to the states and give technical assistance to ensure proper implementation of project activities.
- Review field reports to ensure accuracy and continuous quality improvement.
- Respond to GHSC-PSM requests and queries with respect to field activities.
- Provide leadership to the State Laboratory Coordinators to ensure harmonious working relationship with the State NiRSN Stakeholders.
- Ensure that all incidents are promptly reported, investigated and resolved through corrective and preventive action management approach.
Deadline: 24th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Indicate the Position and Location as the subject of your e-mail and header of your cover letter. Applications without a cover letter stating suitability, will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.