British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) Recruitment for Fleet Manager
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
Job Number: 20019BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for Fleet Manager to join our team in Lagos.
- Fully IT literate
- At least 3 years previous experience in Fleet Management Systems software
- Good experience of fleet maintenance and fuelling practices.
- Must hold a B.Sc qualification.
- Knowledge of auto mechanics would be an advantage.
- Manage and develop all staff assigned to the Fleet department and especially drivers who must be regularly trained and familiar with frequently ploughed routes
- Set up and update an accurate Fleet database for Nigeria and WAA
- Review and update the Fleet policy, procedures and templates
- Implement Fleet Management System, card fuelling and centralized maintenance in Nigeria and WAA to reduce costs and use of cash to the minimum
- Set up SLA with external suppliers for maintenance and repairs, FMS, and vehicle documentation
- Manage and insure Quality Assurance and Quality Control of external suppliers
- Ensure that all vehicles, spare keys and documents are kept in a safe location and duly controlled
- Acquisition of company approved model vehicles from accredited vehicle dealers with the assistance of the procurement team to ensure that best possible terms are received (cost, warranty)
- Ensure adequate recording of vehicle running cost for all BATN / BATM vehicles and provide a monthly report on mileage, fuel, maintenance, highlighting exceptional reports that need to be cascaded accordingly.
- Foresee future replacement of vehicles and its accessories, e.g. tyres, etc. and ensure that each vehicle life cycle is tracked and at pre-identified age and mileage, the vehicles are replaced to avoid a large running expense and for safety of the Drivers.
- Be up to date on all the latest laws and regulations governing the fleet transportation industry in order to keep things in proper working order and to make sure they’re up to date with regulatory compliance
- Set up recycling and training session for Drivers
- Set up a yearly appraisal for Fleet staff
- Organize filing of Fleet data in the shared folders to allow instant and accurate information
- Organize spot checks inspections: weekly in Lagos, monthly in Ibadan, once a year per regions to make sure that staff are delivering and assets are properly used
- Educate users through Emails and awareness sessions
- Organize vehicles disposal in connexion with owning departments
Deadline: 31st January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online