The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Proactive Engineer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Work Schedule: Shift
- Identify and respond to security events at Edge and for our customers.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure security issues with the operations and applications teams responsible for the design, build and operations of Dangote global network infrastructure.
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution) following procedures and policy.
- Proper documentation and reports of equipment performance in the Data Center.
- Restriction, monitoring and control of access into the Data Center.
- To ensure that management are updated with regular reports (Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual) depending on management need.
- Responsible for all Change Management Request (CMR) for the Data Center, Links and Site activities.
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Ensuring 99.9% network availability by proactively monitoring and Maintenance of all monitoring tool (PRTG, etc).
- Fault management, configuration and Change Management activities.
- Observing trends and generating server or network reports to maintain & enhance quality service.
- Providing 1st level support to all Data Center, Network, Server or Security related issue.
- Monitor, alert on, resolve and document equipment hardware, software, environment, operating parameters, etc. to ensure acceptable performance levels are maintained.
- Experience identifying potential vulnerabilities and driving them to closure.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and responding to security or privacy issues, including developing signatures, monitoring alerts, detailed logs analysis, and investigation.
- Familiarity with log analysis, anomaly detection, data loss prevention (DLP), intrusion detection systems (IDS) and signature development.
- Familiarity with network design, network security, authentication, authorization techniques, and encryption protocols and standards.
- Ability to scale themselves by identifying and/or driving efficient processes or automation to reduce ongoing incidents.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders and to juggle multiple time-sensitive projects efficiently.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with coding/scripting in Python, Perl, Ruby or Bash.
- Experience with the Linux operating system, cloud infrastructure (i.e. Azure or GCP) and networking concepts.
- Experience with large distributed systems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online