HReade Limited is a human resource consulting firm which adopts a collaborative approach in ensuring our Clients build competitive advantages through their people thereby increasing value for stakeholders and customers.
The most invaluable asset in an organization is its people. Our goal at HReade is to provide solutions and consultancy services on how organizations can fully utilize their human capital to ensure that their strategic goals and objectives are met.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Debtors Administrator
- The job incumbent is responsible for collecting monies owed in respect of properties managed by the company.
- Responsible for performing collection activities associated with various accounts.
- Reviews accounts, determines probable reasons for account status, and contacts clients to resolve the delinquencies.
- Utilises various techniques, as circumstances indicate, to promptly collect on accounts. Ensures that the Company’s professional image is maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable and accredited university.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a debt collection and administration role.
- Prior experience in property related field would be recommended but not a requirement.
- Accuracy and thoroughness in work
- Excellent communication, telephone, and public relations skills
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations.
- Bookkeeping skills.
Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performance of collections functions:
- Receives, reconciles and control production of monthly rent rolls and reports from the computer system and verifies the status of the accounts;
- Follows up on accounts by telephone, personal contact, and correspondence to secure a satisfactory resolution to the repayment problem;
- Discusses possible financial arrangements, informs clients of potential legal actions, and suggests financial counselling to arrive at suitable payment arrangements. continues to collect until the account becomes a write-off, bankruptcy, or attorney account;
- Makes early contact with clients to collect and keep them informed of account status;
- Utilises effective human relations skills and various forms of persuasion to present a positive company image in an already negative situation;
- Calms irate clients and answers questions and complaints relevant to department functions;
- Determines reasons for delinquencies and works toward permanent solutions. minimizes losses by early actions;
- Utilises further appropriate collection methods if initial attempts do not secure required payment. recommends extensions of due dates. suggests consolidations and financial counselling;
- Posts approved extensions and notifies clients of new due date by mail;
- Performs collections efforts in accordance with company policies and procedures and ensures they are legally compliant.
Assumes responsibility for the efficient administration of collections activities:
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date activity reports on late, potentially late, and accounts;
- Documents all collection actions taken, including telephone conversations, alternative financial arrangements, and correspondence on computer;
- Researches accounts that appear on late and potentially late records to ensure that company errors are detected promptly;
- Provides clients the opportunity to fully explain their account status;
- Ensures both monthly and ad-hoc rental and fee statements are sent out timeously;
- Controls and monitors tenant payments in terms of rentals, deposits, lease fees, stamp duties etc;
- Liaises with tenants as appropriate;
- Handles rental queries efficiently and diplomatically;
- Queries tenants’ short payments;
- Ensures the daily receipting and processing of tenant payments;
- Liaises with book keeping and accounting staff re bank account deposits, queries and misallocations;
Generally ensures that:
- Rent (and other charges) are paid by the 7th of each month;
- Letters of demand after the 7th to defaulting tenants;
- Summons’s are issued after the 21st day to defaulting tenants;
- Controls and administers legal processes for the recovery of lease charges due and/or eviction of tenants;
- Motivation and processing of write-off;
- Credit checks;
Assumes responsibility for timely and accurate preparation and submission of management reports:
- Preparation of detailed debtors reports and graphs illustrating weekly and monthly collections;
- Weekly/monthly arrears against billings (debtors day calculations);
- Monthly graph of weekly collections against previous month/year;
- Preparation and submission of attorneys’ reports on all legal matters;
- Reconciliation of bank statements (where appropriate) and tenants’ accounts;
Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations are established and maintained with clients and external contacts:
- Maintains the company’s professional reputation throughout collections operations and in all contacts with clients;
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Develops contacts with credit bureaus and other financial institutions, uses shared information to effectively minimize company losses.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with company personnel:
Assists area personnel as needed:
- Keeps management informed of activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems;
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned:
- Stays informed of changes in collections policies, procedures, and related legal requirements;
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online