The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region. Considered one of the pillars of the African Economic Community, the organization was founded in order to achieve collective self-sufficiency for its member states by creating a single large trading bloc through an economic and trading union. It also serves as a peacekeeping force in the region. The organization operates officially in three co-equal languages French, English, and Portuguese.
We are currently recruiting for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Bilingual Secretary
Location: Banjul, The Gambia
Supervisor: The Permanent Representative of the President of ECOWAS Commission to The Gambia
Duration: Contract 1 year (renewable)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Book and schedule appointments for the Permanent Representative;
- Make telephone calls, verify incoming calls to ensure their importance and possibility to respond
- Keep records of important files and documents for the Permanent Representative and make them available for reference as and when needed;
- Ensure follow-up on documents submitted to the Permanent Representative for signature;
- Drafts, prepares, types letters, reports, memos and general correspondence for Permanent Representative;
- Organise and take minutes of Meetings;
- Receive and guide visitors to the office of the Permanent Representative;
- Create a recording system of in-coming and out-going mails; ensure archiving and filing of documents;
- Performs any other relevant duties as may be assigned
- A minimum of Higher National Diploma or equivalent in Secretarial Administration or related field.
- Fluency (written and oral) in two of the official languages of ECOWAS: French, English and Portuguese. Aworking knowledge of a third ECOWAS language would be an advantage
Experience And Skills:
- Six (6) years work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sense of confidentiality
- Document and database management skills
- Experience in electronic and physical filing of documents
- Ability to work under pressure in a multicultural environment
- Excellent operational and administrative skills
- Must be computer literate and possess excellent command of computer applications: MS-office (word, Excel, powerpoint, Access)
Annual Salary: USD 12,465 – USD 16,575
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Locally recruited post; candidates to this position should be a Gambian or ECOWAS citizens legally resident in The Gambia.
Application Deadline 9th March, 2018.