ExxonMobil Recruitment for Operations Geology Specialist – https://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) are subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & gas production activities constitute one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Geoscience function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the the position below:
Job Title: Operations Geology Specialist
Job Role Summary
- The Early Capability Operations Geologist specialist, like all geoscientists, is expected to develop a broad range of fundamental geoscience skills and the ability to comprehend and integrate knowledge, ideas and skills to solve geologic problems across exploration, development, production and research functions.
- Assignments will provide the opportunity to acquire these fundamental skills through on-the-job experience and training. Work quality and quantity, demonstrating leadership and mentoring are performance dimensions that are expected to expand in scope and breadth through time.
- The specialist brings an analytical background, usually in geoscience or engineering, and may or may not have had experience with drillwell operations. The focus will be to build depth in the three sub-disciplines of Operations Geology: Site Investigation, Integrated Pore Pressure Prediction, and Well Planning and Surveillance.
- The Early Capability Operations Geology specialist will be able to contribute independently in their role as well as mentor those less experienced and those in other disciplines on the concepts of Operations Geology to ensure that the drilled wells attain the well objectives.
Job Role Responsibilities
- The successful candidates will undergo on-the-job training which will prepare the individuals for assignments in Formation Evaluation or Operations Geology in Nigeria.
- Active member of a subsurface team responsible for a geologic asset
- Geologic inputs (including geohazards & pore pressure prediction) to the drill well planning
- Ensures the input is aligned with the team’s objectives and there is proper integration of the drill well objectives
- Provides active well surveillance during drilling operations
- Builds familiarity with all the roles on the subsurface team
- Mentors the team members on the operations geology input.
- Tasks include shallow geohazards identification, pre-drill pore pressure prediction, pre-drill well planning, post-well follow up on all operations
- The successful candidate wilt specialise in Formation Evaluation or Operations Geology and must demonstrate strong technical competencies in petrophysical analysis (Formation Evaluation) and/or drillwell execution skills. Ability to use Petrel and carry out quantitative analysis as well as possession of effective communication skills will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in Geoscience (Geology or Geophysics) and a Bachelors degree with a minimum of second class upper in Geology, Geophysics or Physics
- A maximum of three (3) continuous years of relevant industry experience
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Deadline: 13th February, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Complete the Application Process:
- Log onto http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Type in Nigeria in the “Search by location” field
- Click the ‘Search openings” button lobe taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Click on the Job the (Formation Evaluation Specialist or Operations Geology Specialist) to view full details on the job
- Click the ‘Apply now” drop down and select ‘Apply Now’ option
- Sign in or click on “create an account’
- To create an account:
- Fill out the information; required fields are designated with an asterisk * (please note your password for future use)
- Click on the “Read and accept the data privacy statement’ link
- Read the information in the pop-up box and click “Accept”
- Click ‘Next’ to continue
- Candidate profile and application page will pop up:
- Fill out information required and also upload supporting files (e.g. resume)
- Click ‘Save’ to complete your application profile at a different time or “Submit’ to submit your application
- A message displays confirming the successful submission of your job application. In addition, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address
- Click ‘View Profile’ if you would like to review the Application form you have just submitted under ‘Jobs Applied” section
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.