Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Key Account Manager – FMCG
- As Key Account Manager – FMCG, you will have the end to end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of our largest FMCG Brand accounts
- Your role is to bring in the relevant assortment, design targeted promotions, and manage partners including sellers and brands.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment
- preferably in a Sales/ Marketing role
- FMCG experience is a must, preferably in modern trade
- Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with attention to detail.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
- Ability to work independently with “make it happen” attitude; able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; self-starter and quick learner; calm and efficient under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and quality
- Proven experience building strong internal relationships
- Natural curiosity, especially about technology.
- Planning: Develop and manage subcategories under Jumia. Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
- Product Development: Manage the entire physical product lifecycle, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation. Work closely with the vendor management team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure best quality and costs.
- Business Management: Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by growing assortment; managing brands end to end; ensuring price competitiveness vs competition at all times; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer.
- Supply Chain Management: Partner with Jumia Services to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment. Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Communications: Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results, and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online