Latest Jobs at Non-Governmental Organization – Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with moves within Maiduguri and Ngala LGA (Gamboru/ Ngala))
- Conduct capacity assessment of existing M&E system and recommend improvements: creation of new indicators, implementation of a complaint mechanism, etc.
- Develop methodologies and tools to monitor project activities: progress towards results, impact, sustainability, etc.
- Ensure accurate data collection, entry and analysis, with the preparation and regular update of databases.
- Conduct training on M&E/ MIS methodologies and tools for project and government staff.
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits with household interviews, post-distribution monitoring, pre- and post- assessments, focus group discussions, etc.
- Identify and refer individuals with special needs or protection concerns to the relevant services with program staff;[t1]
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field monitoring findings (including challenges identified and strategies for improvement) to the Programme Coordinator and relevant program staff.
- Prepare monthly Management Information System (MIS) reports.
- Assist the programme teams in the preparation of internal/ donor progress reports, and of reports on lessons learnt.
- Actively contribute to the elaboration of project proposals, to project reviews and to planning workshops.
- Human Resources & Finance, Logistics & Security
- Participate in the recruitment and management of the M&E Assistant and community mobilizers[t2] : induction briefing, planning, follow-up, capacity building, appraisals.
- Participate in the preparation of budget forecast and follow-up for the projects.
- Contribute to ensuring proper stock management for all equipment related to M&E activities.
- Follow the evolution of security context on the field with relevant stakeholders and report to the Programme Coordinator.
- The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and is evolving according to the needs of the organization. Being an association with limited resources, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
- The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with it job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics or related field, with in-depth understanding of vulnerability issues in Nigeria.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian work, including implementation of M&E/ MIS for development projects implemented by national/international NGOs, UN bodies or Government.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the use of database software.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English; ability to speak Hausa and/or Kanuri is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, and with a wide range of government/ community counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Leading: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with humanitarian principles and SIF values.
Job Title: Base Manager
Location: Ngala, Borno
Duration of contract: 4 months with possibility of extension
Expected starting date: ASAP
- Under supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM), the Base Manager is overall responsible for effectively managing and administrating SIF base in Ngala. S/he will be required to work closely with all SIF
- departments, including Administration (Finance and Human Resources) and Logistics, to ensure the proper implementation and development of SIF programs while maintaining full compliance with established policies and procedures.
- The Base Manager will directly supervise base admin and base logistics officer. S/he will also manage administratively all base staff, including program and support teams.
- Support the activity implementation of the programs:
- Participate in the elaboration of the projects: situation analyses, needs assessments, beneficiary selection, proposal of actions.
- Provide technical guidance to program teams to ensure the timely and quality implementation of the projects: planning of activities, follow-up of the implementation, collection of sources of verifications.
- Participate in the definition of partnership modalities for the implementation of the projects when relevant.
Support the monitoring of the programs:
- Make frequent field visits to monitor program implementation and to identify opportunities/ constraints/ adjustments needed.
- Participate in planning and progress review meetings with local authorities, community leaders, and operational partners.
- Support the elaboration of an M&E plan and tools (including baseline surveys, endline surveys, Post-Distribution Monitoring (PDM), satisfaction surveys, etc).
- Ensure relevance of the activities, quality control of the projects, and respect of agreed standards (including mainstreamed gender and protection, beneficiary participation, accountability, etc).
- Support the administrative management of the programs, with the base admin.
- Support the logistics management of the programs, with the base logistician.
- Inform immediately (verbally and in written if requested) the HoM and Program Coordinator of any delay, conflict, problem encountered regarding the base and/or program management.
- Prepare daily/ weekly/ monthly written reports according to the schedule defined by the HoM.
- Participate to monthly reporting to HQ.
- Participate in the elaboration of internal and external reports with program teams (quantitative and qualitative monthly activity progress reports, assessment reports, training reports, evaluation reports with lessons learnt and best practices, etc).
- Participate in drafting monthly, quarterly, interim, and final donor reports according to the requested deadlines, guidelines, and requirements.
- Ensure supporting documents are properly stored (beneficiary lists, procurement/ distribution documents, training attendance sheets, reports, pictures, etc).
Administration (finance and human resources):
- Validate the planning of expenditures, the budget forecast, the cash flow plan and requests, for the base according to the allocated budget and to the budget follow up.
- Monitor the level of expenses of the base based on the budget follow-up.
- Define and update the human resources needs for his/her team.
- Organization of the recruitment for his/her team: short listing of CVs, elaboration and correction of tests, organization of interviews.
- Manage his/her team: induction briefing, planning, follow-up, capacity building, performance interviews, disciplinary procedures if needed.
- Define, update and regularly evaluate training plans for his/her team, with resources available internally.
- Sensitize his/ team and base staff to SIF internal regulations.
- Ensure a good communication/ coordination/ information-sharing within his/ her team and among the various departments in the base through regular coordination meetings.
- Ensure feedback towards his/her team and the base staff members about issues raised by them.
- Ensure conflict resolution (personal and professional) within his/her team and among the base staff members and to inform the HoM.
- Ensure that Basic standard logistic protocols are well implemented by base logistician.
- Validate procurement plans for the base, according to the thresholds and procurement processes.
- Support the management of local contracts for goods and suppliers for programs.
- Ensure a proper stock management system for all equipment in the base.
- Validate the planning of movements and needs for vehicles in the base.
- Ensure good working and living conditions for base staff.
- Strictly follow internal security rules and regulations.
- Monitor the security situation of the area, including threat assessment, collection of security related-information with relevant stakeholders (team members, partner organizations, local authorities, community leaders, etc).
- Timely sharing of security-related information with HoM, with proposition of security protective measures and security plan updates when necessary.
- Coordinate with security agencies to ensure safe and secure working environment in the office and at field level.
- Ensure that minimum security operating standards are put in place and respected by SIF team.
Operational strategy & coordination:
- Support the preparation and capitalization of documentation on SIF programs’ overall impact.
- Propose new actions to expand SIF Ngala base.
- Contribute to the elaboration and update of the mission’s operational strategy.
- Participate in the analysis and proposal of solutions for all decisions impacting the mission in general.
- Represent SIF and its programs at different levels of coordination (international/ national operational partners, local authorities, community leaders, and beneficiaries).
- Develop strong networking, coordination, and working relationship with key stakeholders, specifically aligned with SIF programs.
- Share program progress and challenges with local authorities, community leaders, other NGOs/ agencies, working groups, and donors.
- Fulfil any other duty requested and/ or needed by the HoM.
Academic Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- University Degree, preferably related to Management or Social work;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant INGO work experience;
- Experience in emergency contexts; and in-depth understanding of vulnerability issues in Nigeria is a plus.
- Passionate about the humanitarian context and serving the most vulnerable
- Commitment to the values, vision, and mission of SIF
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit, with good leadership skills
- Ability to speak Hausa, Kanuri – ability to speak, read and write well in English
- Good communication, representation, and writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of project cycle management and budget holding
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Ability to produce quality work, to make decisions under pressure, and to adhere totight deadlines
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and working locations.
- The Base Manager will be based in SIF sub-office of Ngala, in Ngala LGA. S/he will regularly travel to Maiduguri in support of SIF main office, for coordination purposes.
- It is a full-time position, and working hours are 40 per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Deadline: 5th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org