Kranite Nigeria Limited commits itself to becoming an international company and a major Supplier and Designer Architectural Hardwares in Nigeria. The company is best sourced for wide range of activities related to Stainless Steel Railings; Aluminum Railings; Burglary Proof; Stone Coated Roof; Office Partitions; Shower Cubicles; Furniture & Fittings.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
- Database Administrators (DBAs) are responsible for the evaluation of database software purchases and supervise the modification of any existing database software.
- They are responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases and guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally.
- Through control access, DBAs ensure the security of company data. Their skills and technical expertise are desirable to many organizations, with the highest demand being in data-intensive organizations like insurance, finance, and content providers.
Requirements, Education and Training
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, along with advanced Education and Certifications are required to work as a database administrator.
- Many employers require three to five years of database experience, in addition to educational requirement.
- Obtaining a certification specializing in various database management systems is also helpful.
Here’s a list of database administrator skills for employment:
- Advise Management on Long-Term Capacity Plans and Growth
- Assign Passwords and Maintain Database Access
- Analyze and Recommend Database Improvements
- Analyze Impact of Database Changes to the Business
- Audit Database Access and Requests
- Backup and Restore Data
- Communicate Requirements to System Administrator
- Comfortable Working With Production Servers
- Configure Database Software
- Continually Review Processes for Improvement
- Debug Database Issues on Live Data
- Deploy System Updates
- Design and Build Database Management System
- Develop and Test Methods to Synchronize Data
- Develop and Secure Network Structures
- Ensure Data is Secure
- Ensure Databases Run Efficiently
- Ensure Platform Availability
- Extract Live Data
- Guarantee Database Setup Meets Industry Requirements
- Identify User Needs to Create and Administer Databases
- Implement Backup and Recovery Plan
- Install Database Software
- Install Updates
- Maintain Database
- Merge Databases
- Mine Data
- Modify Databases to Specific User Requirements
- Monitor Available Disk Space
- Oversee Development of New Databases
- Optimize Queries on Live Data
- Plan Disk Storage Requirements
- Proactively Tune Database in Production
- Prevent Data Loss
- Quickly Assess a Situation and Develop/Implement a Solution
- Recover Lost Data
- Repair Program Bugs
- Research Emerging Technology
- Review Existing Solutions
- Set Security Permissions for Database
- Setup Safety Measures to Recover Data
- Solid Project Management Capabilities
- Solid Understanding of Company’s Data Needs
- Strong Technical and Interpersonal Communication
- Test Database to Ensure Everything Operates Efficiently Without Error
- Test Recovery Plans
- Thorough Knowledge of SQL
- Troubleshoot Database Errors
- Understanding of Popular Database Management Software (SQL and MySQL)
- Update Database Permissions
- Work Closely with Development Teams with Regards to Database Updates and Design
Job Title: Chemical Engineer
Your daily activities will be extremely diverse and largely depend on the role and the sector in which you work. In general, tasks include:
- Working closely with process chemists and control engineers to ensure the process plant is set up to provide maximum output levels and efficient running of the production facility
- Designing plant and equipment configuration so that they can be readily adapted to suit the product range and the process technologies involved, taking environmental and economic aspects into account
- Setting up scale-up and scale-down processes including appropriate changes to equipment design and configuration
- Assessing options for plant expansion or reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models
- Designing, installing and commissioning new production plants, including monitoring developments and troubleshooting
- Optimising production by analysing processes and compiling de-bottleneck studies
- Applying new technologies
- Researching new products from trial through to commercialisation and improving product lines
- Ensuring that potential safety issues related to the project operator, the environment, the process and the product are considered at all stages.
Examples of work activities in specific sectors include:
- Undertaking small and intermediate-scale manufacturing and packaging activities in pharmaceutical product development for clinical trial purposes
- Developing new methods of safe nuclear energy production, including projects such as conceptual design, simulation and construction of test rigs, and detailed design and operations support.
- You will need to have studied at Masters level, either completing a four-year MEng in Chemical Engineering or a BEng followed by the relevant Masters:
- Applied Chemistry
- Biochemical/Process Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Polymer Science/Technology.
- A HND or foundation degree in the Physical or applied Sciences may be accepted. You will also need to complete further qualifications if you wish to become chartered.
You will need to show:
- An understanding of engineering principles and mathematics
- An aptitude for, and interest in chemistry
- Project management skills
- Resource management skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The capacity to motivate and lead a team
- Strong IT skills
- A careful and methodical approach with good attention to detail
- Commercial and business awareness
- Creativity and innovation.
Deadline: 11th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com